Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53181 05/07/02 10:19 PM
C
Corinne Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Looking to stay at the Sun Breeze Beach Hotel the information we have is from Belizefirst and we are not sure if it is current. Looking for any feedback on the property. Looks great from the information on their web page. Thanks

#53182 05/08/02 07:43 AM
S
S
We stayed at the Sunbreeze in February. It was nice, it was good that the bar/restaurant was on the property too. It is a great location also. I think I was expecting a little more upscale though, it wasn't the Holiday Inn. I lost a hand towel and had to pay $15 to replace it, they have the maids check your room when you check out.....so don't lose any of their towels! HA HA! The only bad thing (and it wasn't so bad) is it was next door to the school and in the mornings you hear alot of children playing but that is because we were on that side of the hotel. I would stay there again.

#53183 05/08/02 10:19 AM
To me, SunBreeze IS very much like a (small) Holiday Inn -- good-size rooms, nothing fancy or deluxe. The rooms do vary a bit and the better ones are probably worth the extra money.

I like the SunBreeze for its handy location, nice pool (though it is above-ground) and no-nonsense management.

Keep in mind that the SunBreeze does a good deal of business through Capricorn and perhaps other discounters/packagers, so you might find a better price through of one of these than direct.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#53184 05/08/02 11:02 AM
if you say what it IS you ARE interested, maybe someone could suggest a place for you. there are dozens of nice places to stay.

#53185 05/08/02 11:54 AM
Sunbreeze is my home away from home. Location Location Location

Dare To Deviate
#53186 05/08/02 12:58 PM
S
S
I would have to agree....no better location! And right beside the best BBQ I have ever eaten AND I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA who some might say is where bbq was invented, but how the sauce is made depends on what side of the state you are from! [Linked Image]

#53187 05/08/02 01:56 PM
Corrine, I stayed at SunBreeze last May and it was great. You just walk across the tarmac and you are at the hotel! They will send someone over with a cart to bring your luggage if you want. Just ask the airline to call them. I stayed in room 225 - the best room in the place w/jacuzzi tub and a great view of the ocean. BCs BBQ is next door and is the place to go on Sunday's around Noon.
There are a lot of great places in AC depending on what you're really looking for. I know that I really was set on a pool which is why I selected SunBreeze. Of course, I only went into the pool once because I was so busy on day trips or mingling. So, now I am staying different places to experience more of AC.

No matter where you decide to stay - you will likely not be disappointed, or at least so many other great things will make up for what may seem lacking in accommodations.

You're gonna have a great time - you better Belize it! (31 days and counting!)

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#53188 05/08/02 02:15 PM
gela, you hit it on the head [Linked Image]

#53189 05/08/02 09:54 PM
C
Corinne Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi, thanks everyone for the info. I've enjoyed reading the board and already know that there will be more trips! To let you know what we are looking for. . we want something that we can easily walk to town and restaurants--within 1mile if possible, or be in town. But I do like quiet for my veg time. Like reading on a lounge with my cold pina. Nice--so what is nice??? with a pool, oceanview from room. We are two adults and our 15yr old son. From reading and looking at this web site the places that we are considering are Banana Beach and Ramons. So let me hear you opinion on Ramons???!!!! Seems like mixed reviews. Thanks again, Corinne

#53190 05/10/02 09:01 AM
C
C
My wife and I stayed at Ramons in February and here is my opinion on the pros and cons:

Pros:
Nice beach, nice grounds, nice pier, and nice short walk along the beach to downtown.

Cons:
Unimpressive room (cramped quarters in the bathroom), unimpressive food at the restaurant (found alot better places to eat in town), and overall- it's pretty pricey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.