Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53212 - 05/10/02 08:41 PM Diet Coke
teacher Offline
I'm an addict...and somewhere I read (maybe it was even on this message board) that either it wasn't available on AC or that it was different, or really expensive.

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
teacher

#53213 - 05/10/02 08:48 PM Re: Diet Coke
Gela Offline
Teacher, it's nice to meet a fello addict. I have found "coke lite" in AC. It's a slightly different recipe and it is bottled by the local coca cola plant I believe. It's pretty close (maybe a few more calories than DC) and I managed my addiction quite well the two times I was there last year.

#53214 - 05/10/02 08:51 PM Re: Diet Coke
sweetjane Offline
debbie sent me an interesting internet article this week that is linking the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas to multiple sclerosis, inner ear imbalances & other fun stuff. none of it has been proven, to my knowledge. it said the fda is suing monsanto, who manufactures it.

i do not know how real it is either.

just passing it on....

#53215 - 05/10/02 09:08 PM Re: Diet Coke
KC Offline
That bunk about aspartane has been around for years. I'm not saying it is GOOD for you, but what they are claiming is false.

Go to http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartam.htm
for a full explanation, and links to peer-reviewed journals concerning this subject.

KC

[This message has been edited by KC (edited 05-10-2002).]

[This message has been edited by KC (edited 05-10-2002).]

#53216 - 05/10/02 09:38 PM Re: Diet Coke
BankerWoman Offline
Just got back from AC and Diet Coke is available from the local distributor (as "Coke Lite"). Cost, I think, was $18.50 American for 24-20 oz. plastic bottles (and $2 American for deposit on the case). Tastes a little different than the Diet Coke we get in the U.S. but not far enough off that you would notice it much. For those of you who prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke (and I'm one of them), we DID find cans of Diet Pepsi at both the larger and smaller stores but we never found them as anything but individual cans at about 75 cents - $1 American each.

#53217 - 05/10/02 09:57 PM Re: Diet Coke
Happy Man Offline
Good God people, are you living under some rock? Better do more research on the toxic effects of Aspartame before you make a dangerous claim as the product. Is has been proven to be toxic, end of story.

#53218 - 05/10/02 10:59 PM Re: Diet Coke
sweetjane Offline
we never touch artificial sweeteners.

but i will die from ingesting partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.

#53219 - 05/11/02 02:04 AM Re: Diet Coke
susangg Offline
Why would anyone drink soda pop when they could have fresh lime juice?

#53220 - 05/11/02 04:44 AM Re: Diet Coke
KC Offline
yeah, yeah. Nearly everything is toxic in large enough doses. But that "thumper" thing, et al... now that really works wonders. And since this is the board that is supposed to be about Ambergris Caye, that will be the end of the story for me.

Kathy, who is wasting no more time or bandwidth, when I need to be thinking about packing for Paradise....

#53221 - 05/13/02 01:37 PM Re: Diet Coke
BankerWoman Offline
DR. Glen, please give it up. On another thread it's "don't drink the water on AC because it's chlorinated and deadly" (by the way, I thought it tasted pretty darn good on a hot day). Here it's don't drink the Diet Coke because it has aspartame and it's deadly and we're too stupid to know it. Good Lord, wait until he gets to the rum, the conch and the silica particles in the air. If life has to be spent fearing everything we eat, drink or breath then let me live a short but happy life. (Without cymatic therapy, mini-thumpers or other pseudo-science "enhancers".)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, Pokey, CaptOneIron, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.