Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#53750 06/02/02 06:00 PM
D
dat Offline OP
OP Offline
D
my wife is hyperventilating....she's concerned about the flight from Belize City to AC...she is also concerned about Belize City, itself...she is concerned about malaria, bot flys, crime, mosquitos, drinking water, probably a few other things I can't think of right now....

please give her some peace of mind, as I cannot think of any more things to say to comfort her.....

she is possibly not even coming to Belize because of these concerns....

Help!

#53751 06/02/02 06:17 PM
the flight from b city to ac is FANTASTIC! i wouldn't miss it! i have video & stills. 100 shades of aqua. they are like taxis...this trip is all they do. these pilots could do it in their sleep. surprisingly relaxed.

the water is fine, but most hotels & restaurants serve bottled water. been twice and never got botfly.

tell her to relax...it is wonderful once you get there.

#53752 06/02/02 06:18 PM
//ambergriscaye.com/wallpaper/art/aerialjoe.jpg

#53753 06/02/02 07:01 PM
S
S
Ummm. I may be completely clueless here, but without knowing you or her, I would speculate that maybe dsthe anxiety is rooted in something more than your pending trip. Vacations (and sometimes even pre-vacations and post-vacations) sometimes bring conflicts in couples to the fore that were previusly lurking underground. The vacation triggers it because when you are away from the normal set and setting (work, household responsibilities, family, etc.) its hard to hide behind them. You go thinking that "getting away" will make conflicts and issues go away but it can have the opposite effect. Or, alternatively, you are afraid to go because you are afraid that you and your spouse will have nothing to talk about except what is really bothering you (been there done that....)
Or sometimes, a vacation triggers a power fight. One spouse will plan a trip without consulting the other and the spouse who did not choose that particular trip may be resentful and choose a passive aggressive way of getting out of it instead of coming right out and saying "I don't want to go to Belize, I wanted to go to Atlanta to see my sister but you didn't even ASK me..." etc. Or maybe this was a particularly bad time to plan a vacation due to family or work emergencies?
Alternatively, your wife could even have a touch of agoraphobia; any of those fears are normal, but all of them together are a bit much. Does she normally have anxiety attacks pre-vacation?
All this is to say, you may have a bit of marital work to do or maybe this is a good time for a counseling session or a therapy consult if you and she are so inclined.
If its none of those things, just buy her a copy of one of the travel guides (Lan's latest?) real quick or have her spend some time on this bulletin board (but reassure her you have the SafeSea already packed 'cause she's gonna read the pica pica message thread!)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#53754 06/02/02 07:16 PM
susan...you are so right...i never see "LOL" on your posts!

c'mon...don't read so much into it. everyone has their irrational anxieties (mine are putting my head underwater & flying WITHOUT a plane).

she will be fine [Linked Image]

#53755 06/02/02 07:21 PM
S
S
Like I said...been there, done that. (Remember that I am old enough to be YOUR mother!)
I too am afraid of any manner of flying that does not involve an airplane. I will not skydive or para-sail, knowing deep in my heart that I will somehow manage to hurt myself (or worse).
You could call it paranoia or you could call it prudence on the part of someone who once broke her leg just getting out of the chair lift..can't even say "I broke my leg skiing" because I did get that far.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#53756 06/02/02 07:27 PM
I was a bit nervous the 1st time we flew from BZ City to AC....piece of cake!! Done it a zillion times since. We've been 9 times, NO bot-flys, no shots, no malaria, never gotten sick.....even went 3 weeks after Hurricane Keith! We never where shoes. Please-do some Coconut Rum....and don't ruin your vacation!!!! C Jane-AWESOME Picture...brought tears to my eyes!!

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 06-02-2002).]

#53757 06/02/02 07:52 PM
OMG-lighten up susangg, sometimes a bannana is just a bannana - anna (gag - smirk - wink)

#53758 06/02/02 08:31 PM
LOL!

#53759 06/02/02 09:06 PM
Ambergis is not the vacation for everyone.
Some, especially females, they may want to be pampered on vacation.
My fear is water, Hubby's fear is small planes. But we both put those fears aside to enjoy Ambergris.
Flight ...........it is short and beautiful
BZ City...........don't go there
Malaria...........no problem on Ambergris
Botfly............not a problem on Ambergris
Crime.............not enough to worry about
mosquitos.........Take plenty of repellent
Drinking Water....buy bottled water

Things not to worry about........
Clothing.........take anything
Makeup...........best left at home
Jewelry..........leave it home
Sandals..........optional
Swimsuits........a must
Shorts...........a must
T shirts.........great
Screen...........pack alot
Appetite.........great food eat alot
Smile............pack your largest smile
Fun..............use your fun side 24/7
Relax............24/7
Snorkel..........to see those beautiful fish
Love & Joy.......use it 24/7
Freedom..........Ambergris

Hope you do go to Ambergris, both of you will never be the same.......just better.

We are repeat visitors and are over 60.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 06-02-2002).]

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.