Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53967 - 06/12/02 12:30 AM victoria house
2firefighters Offline
thanks to everyone who replied to my first question. no, we are not new york firefighters, just CA firefighters... I appreciate your suggestions. After scanning this chat board and other stuff we are thinking Victoria House would be perfect. Any horror stories or is it as nice as it looks. So far all I have read is good comments.
Thanks again!

#53968 - 06/12/02 01:30 AM Re: victoria house
KC Offline
Never heard anything bad about Victoria House.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

#53969 - 06/12/02 03:29 AM Re: victoria house
ljacks Offline
Victoria House is real nice. About 2 miles south of town. A Golf cart rental would be nice. With that you can be in town in about 10 minutes. The grounds are beautiful and I think they have a new pool. Restaurant is very expensive but very good food

#53970 - 06/12/02 10:35 AM Re: victoria house
teacher Offline
We just got back last week and stayed at Victoria House--it is absolutely incredible!

The staff is great and very personable. We stayed in the smallest (state room)--but it was perfect. The facilities are very, very nice.

The only complaint was from some people who stayed in their casitas (thatched roofs) that they were hot...a/c didn't work well with the tall roofs.

The dive shop is nice, and they'll arrange anything through them....any kind of tour, etc.

We only rented a golf cart one day...the rest of the time we walked to town along the beach, took a $5 taxi, or took their nightly free shuttle into town. I never felt that it was hard to get around.

You are also walking distance to "cheaper" restaurantes down the beach. But, their restaurante is DELICIOUS!

The pool is fantastic--and for Belize, the beach is beautiful.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

#53971 - 06/12/02 12:06 PM Re: victoria house
Redheada Offline
Teacher - do you have any pics to share? I am going to VH in Feb. to get married and spend our honeymoon there. I would love to hear more about your trip! :-)

#53972 - 06/12/02 03:04 PM Re: victoria house
Friend of Teacher Offline
Oh my goodness. You asked the right teacher, Redheada. I am positive that the teacher will be able to share information! Loves to my teacher friend. I can't wait to view your pictures and stuff in person--if this dumb writing institute would stop dominating my time, maybe I could get an opportunity.

[This message has been edited by Friend of Teacher (edited 06-12-2002).]

#53973 - 06/12/02 04:51 PM Re: victoria house
silly Offline
I will always speak up when it comes to the VH. We love it. It may be pricy by Belizean standards but it is a beautiful place and worth it. It has so much charm. We stayed in a casita and are going to again.
Some would say it gets a little warm, but being from the south, I guess we didn't think it was too bad.
We especially love the porch on the casita and sitting in the big deck chairs sipping a cocktail.The staff is very nice.
Teacher- Is Stone still bartending?
Are the Bradley brothers still diving out of VH?

#53974 - 06/12/02 09:33 PM Re: victoria house
Chloe Offline
Teacher, are you the one traveling with your fitted sheet? If so tell us how was the fit.......lol?
Dare To Deviate

#53975 - 06/12/02 10:18 PM Re: victoria house
silly Offline
Yes, teacher- I too would like to know if the sheets were up to your standards. I can't remember what they were like....

#53976 - 06/12/02 11:36 PM Re: victoria house
teacher Offline
YES--the sheets were fitted....I didn't need to get into the bottom of the suitcase for the one I drug along....The bedding was beautiful and extremely acceptable! LOL!

Yes, I have pics...let me figure out how to put them onto one of the sites to share! We took a few pics of the property, room, etc...and I'd be more than happy to share!

Friend of Teacher: When are you going to come for the slide show? Byron misses you!

Happy day,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.