Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Here's a good story bout Marty and "no clothes". I was having my BIG BBQ/Blessing of my belovied Laguna Punta last year. The "Blessing" was a full scale Church service on my front porch by the local San Pedrito Pentecostals which went on, and on. The Americans were patiently awaiting the conclution of the sermon for the BBQ Lamb to begin. Well, the sermon was in big part about the does and don'ts of their way. Of particular emphasis was dress code. Women: long shirts, and modest, Men: long trousers and long sleeved shirts. Finally after the sermon, the Americans came upstairs and I tried the best I could to introduce the locals to the visitors. My guest of honor, Marty showed up in some very brief swimwear, not floss, thank God. Anyway, it was quite a moment for me to introduce the Pastor to "Jungle Jim" Casada. The Pastor, I believe, had great respect for Marty after hearing about his great works during and after Hurricane Mitch and Keith, if not Marty's attire.

Gone fishing!!
Bill,

I take it that you wore your "formal" jaguar speedos that day for such a special occasion

ROFLMAO....correction...a very bright flourescent yellow/lime with black dots....LOL

Of course that was before Bill was into Pink!
I shudder to think what he would call a bathing suit now...LOL

Bill is so cool....you gotta wear shades! [Linked Image]

Actually, I got really lucky that time. I was formally attired with long sleeve white shirt and long legged Dockers. My "metimorphis" came somewhat later at Basil Jones. That Damned place changed alot of lives!

Gone fishing!!
Bill - thanks for the yucks!
I learned a lot of things on this last trip.
Tips for women:
1. Regular T-shirts are too hot - take tank tops. 100% lightweight cotton is best - evaporates faster.
2. A sundress that is not fitted around the waist is cooler (and on some people - sexier) than shorts. Wearing this with a half-slip defeats the advantage.
3. One long sleeved, very loose, white cotton shirt is a must to cover up in the sun.
4. For evening wrinkly skirts are wonderful with a nice T-top or spaghetti straps.
5. Sarongs are nice to wrap around a swimsuit.
6. Take powdered laundry soap - it is easy to give anything a quick wash while taking a shower.

I am going to make a cotton coverup that I can put on when I come up from a dive and take my swimsuit off underneath. I NEVER WANT TO GET PICA PICA again.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Jane
The zip lock bags work great. I have been doing this for years. I set out complete sets of clothes. Check to make sure items are interchangeable and put back everything that is not. Then I put back half of what's left. LOL I then put each set in a gallon size (I'm a big girl) zip lock bag - roll it up from the bottom and squeeze all the air out. After zipping I then unroll it and have perfectly packed clothes. Believe it or not this keeps them from wrinkling. It is also easy to quickly pick out what I want and I know what is clean. Dirty clothes go back in the bag (keeps the smelly stuff separate), but not so as to look clean.
I always take at least one decent dress - you just never know! Other than that I find I can go for any period of time with 5 sets. I take on pair of Teva's, a pair of sandals and whatever shoes I wear on the plane. One or two hats helps, but you can always buy one as a souvenir.
Live simple is best.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
here's a couple older threads on this subject....
//ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/002048.html
//ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/001534.html

Scubaldy,
Here's a story for ya. When I first moved to San Pedro (with my boyfiend) He used to wash his clothes, WHILE WEARING THEM IN THE SHOWER! I guess he felt that it saved time, or ... well.... whatever, there were a lot of unanswered questions about him.
NYGal & Sandshaker, I know you will get a kick out of this.. because you know exactly WHO I'm talking about.

[This message has been edited by silkpainter (edited 06-26-2002).]

[Linked Image]

S
S
You are Living In Paradise, aren't you?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.