Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
txslim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Has anyone stayed at this resort and can tell me anything about it?

Search this site's open forums and archives using Xanadu Resort and get some yadayada.

i met someone who wsa staying there when i was there. i think someone from the party?

they said it was nice, but i have no details.

T
T
Actually, my husband and myself stayed at Victoria House (down the beach)-but, one day on a stroll to town, we decided to take a tour. The owner guy showed us a model....it was very nice inside. (new, nice sized)--not huge, though. There was some construction going on near the back...but the beachfront rooms weren't too close. The pool was nice. There isn't a restaurante onsite..but plenty close by to walk to. The only thing I thought was that the beach (length-wise) was very small. But, that isn't saying much on AC standards! I LOVED VH, and will stay there again, and again...but, if I had a second choice, I'd do Xanadu (especially with another couple, kids, etc.) There is an upstairs with two beds (can be one) and nice bathroom. The kitchen is small, but nice, too.

Hope this helps and isn't too random!
Teacher

D
D
We just returned from AC this week. We stayed at Xanadu and LOVED it. We really like the fact that it's a small place and you deal directly with the owners and their son. They were so nice and helpful! We also liked the fact the they have bikes and kayaks for the guests to use at no charge. We really took advantage of that, especially the bikes. The pool is really nice and everything is very clean and well done. We were in one of the waterfront ones and it was very quiet. I know the couple next to us was originally in one of the ones right by the construction and the owners moved them since it was a bit noisy. No restaurant or bar was no problem for us. In fact, we liked that since it became more of a quiet retreat and home.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions. If you decide to stay at Xanadu, have Ivan, the owner, set up a snorkel trip with Daniel. He's an individual who has a boat and will take people out. He did a fullday snorkel trip with a lobster and red snapper lunch that he cooked on a beach while we waited. He caught the lobster out on the reef while we were snorkeling. It was FANTASTIC!!! Have fun!

B
blu Offline
B
We returned on the 14th and likewise stayed at Xanadu and would strongly recommend. Very comfortable, clean and not to mention unique with the dome construction. As for the lack of a restaurant/bar, the walk to town via the beach was very easy, generally insect free and frequent, but there are plenty of options close by also. We never had a problem getting a Taxi if we wanted one for the ride back. The pool was a must for kids after the day long excursions. Daniel also does other tours to the mainland as well as fishing trips-one of the highlights for the young fishermen along. Highly recommend to all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.