Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5444 10/03/00 04:09 PM
S
OP Offline
S
The Belize International Airport is scheduled to reopen tomorrow, October 3. St. Matthew's is currently booking students on Continental Airlines to Houston. We will have crisis counselors at the airport for those students who wish to talk to someone about their experience.

Please continue to watch this site for more information on when to expect your loved one.

#5445 10/03/00 04:19 PM
L
L
We just talke to our love one in Belize she is not aware of the flight to Houston. Is this a confirmed flight. Today is October 3 are leaving today or tommorrow October 4. We leave near Houston and would like to start I drive to pick up our love one.

#5446 10/03/00 04:20 PM
M
M
For clarification, tomorrow is Wednesday October 4th.

Great news!!

#5447 10/03/00 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Received a phone call from son, Demetrois (Dee) Louis, St. Matthews med student. They have evacuated and are now at the Princess Hotel in Belize City. They will be flown back to the USA, but are uncertain as to when, could be thrusday, friday and could be to Miami or Houston..
Many thanks to you Marty.....
I certainly hope the lives of the people in San Pedro and Belize will come back to normal quickly. My prayers are with those people.

#5448 10/05/00 02:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i am tired of being lied to by st matthews. there was no flight out belize city for students, no counselor, no faculty even at the airport. so far no news on where we're going either. stop doing PR for the school and tell the truth.

#5449 10/05/00 03:47 PM
H
H
Stop these LIES st matthews. We have found out after the fact that on friday the president of the united states called the embassy and told them to have americans evacuate they called st matthews.st matthews in turn yes evacuated but only the faculty left all but 5 teaches and the president. the students were never told that a hurricane was coming and that we were to leave. also st matthews never called the embassy to evacuate us cause the embassy has confirmed this to a couple of parents. we were on our own the little food we got was from local people the school did nothing to help us. the one that finally helped us out was the president of the school. and the reason all your families aren't home yet is because st matthews left them all to fend for themselves. so please stop telling lies to us and our families

#5450 10/05/00 09:24 PM
H
H
this is exactly what iv'e been saying all along

#5451 10/05/00 09:38 PM
M
M
sorry to hear all of this we will have to get answers.

#5452 10/05/00 11:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Well, as a former SMU Faculty member who chose to move on to a better situation, the news that the SMU administration dropped the ball yet again during a catastrophe such as this isn't in the slightest way surprising to me- they did the same thing to us, too, during Mitch! This was one of the things that led me to leave!! They did nothing for us then except tell us lies that they'd made reservations back to Miami on American Airlines for all "students, faculty and their dependents" but when we got to the Travel Agent, we found to our shock and dismay that they hadn't made them for ANY Faculty members at all- and they even left many students off the list (let alone their dependents) as well! Furthermore, those who did get reservations made for them were expected to pay for them themselves! Their duplicity and dishonesty on a day-to-day basis was unfortunately matched by their behavior in a crisis and the really sad thing about it all is that they didn't seem to learn a thing in the process, since they repeated this kind of conduct yet again! My heartfelt apologies to all you students who were left to fend for yourselves, but you should take heart and a little solace from the fact that other students and even Faculty were in the same boat as you were for Mitch!

#5453 10/06/00 03:19 PM
H
H
i think smu owes parents and students an explanation even if its on their website as to shy SO MANY LIES !!! They are quick to take our money !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.