Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#54468 06/30/02 02:20 AM
Hey Jude, ask away. [Linked Image]

Sometimes it takes a tad longer than a week to get all of the responses that you'd like because not everyone that has stayed at Seven Seas checks in more often. However, as you pointed out, using the search feature will bring you an abundance of info on Seven Seas.

As to what is the best time to dive Belize . . .the only people that can truly answer that for you are people that live and dive there year round.

As for me, I can tell you that I've been diving there in late November/early Dec (once), December and early January (twice) and April (once). My most favorite time for the diving was the April trip. However, apparently I got extremely lucky on the weather and conditions. It was perfect. Many others have said (including locals) that there can be lots of wind and so, choppy seas, maybe not so perfect weather. The trip in late Nov/Dec. was my first trip to SP and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though we had some afternoon showers a day or two. My two trips at Xmas/NewYears were great also but the northers came down and it was off and on chilly and rainy. If it had been raining, viz was somewhat affected. Now how could I tell you, even with having been down there 4 times, what is the best time to dive Belize? Based on my experience, I would answer April. However, allow me to repeat, I've heard from many others that April was *not* the best time of year to dive.

You need to get Gaz Cooper or one of the other contributors to this board that are local SP divers, to answer that. It might take a while for one or more of them to pop in to the board and comment.

It's cool that you've realized how effective the search mechanism can be. We don't mind answering questions at all. It's just that when we've been drained by one questioner that doesn't seem to be listening, we can get a bit weary. [Linked Image]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54469 06/30/02 08:36 AM
OP Offline
seashell....

Thanks! Now that's what I am talking about. You have experiences at various times of the year and your response was right on the mark about the diving. It seems the diving is all related to the choppy seas and the weather. No one can give a 100% answer on that anyway. Good suggestion about contacting Gaz or some of the local dive shops.

This board has information on many aspects of AC (i.e. resorts, restaurants, tours, travel arrangements). I would think recreation (besides getting drunk) to include diving would be common topics.

For what it's worth, my friend & I will most likely going to AC in late March next year. I will be hunting for a good dive shop that I can work out a package deal for a bunch of dives. Probably don't need to ask those questions on this board but directly negotiate with the dive shops. Won't really know til we get there and dive whether we made a good choice or not.

However, when I return, I will post my impressions of it all to include the diving, the eating, the resort, etc.

Thanks!.....Hey Jude

#54470 06/30/02 11:12 AM
Hey Jude,

We have been diving at AC during three different times. September, November and July. We liked November the best. The water was clear as a bell and seas were calm. Never had to worry about an overloaded dive boat and even ended up just us and the DM several times.

We like to dive through Hustler. They have package deals in connection with the Blue Tang Inn. You can look them up on this website. Billy Leslie is wonderful to dive with. We love learning something new about the area and the reef each time we dive with him. However, you may not always get to dive with Billy and the other staff members are very good also.

The Blue Tang is right off the Huster pier and very convenient. We loved staying there. Our ONLY complaint is that it's not right next to BC's. Other than that we enjoyed the facilities and staff very much. Oh, and the free breakfast in the morning is wonderful! Not a huge b-fast, but who wants that just before the 8:30 AM dive anyway. Homemade goodness!

Feel free to drop us a line directly if you have further questions. We're listed if you click on "Who?" just above this message.

Laura & Robert (aka Loie & RobertE)

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
#54471 06/30/02 11:23 AM
Many of we boarders, have been to Belize several times, but most likely using the same resort, guides and restaurants each time.

We pick one that meets our needs, and stick to it, just simplifies our vacation, relaxation and enjoyment.

Many of us are not divers, so it would be foolish for us to give info. on diving, due to our knowledge being second hand.

BEST TIME, most of us feel anytime we can get away and go to BELIZE is the best time, no matter the month or season. So far my best months have been Jan Feb Jun Aug and Dec. But would go in Mar Apr May Jul and Nov. Anytime is good. Belize It.

Dare To Deviate
#54472 06/30/02 01:17 PM
Well said, Chloe. I'd go back anytime.

Also, I can second the Blue Tang Inn. While I haven't stayed there since the new owners took it over and spruced it up, I've stayed there twice when it was Rock's Inn and I loved it.

What I will recommend with regard to that hotel, is two things. One, there used to be jacuzzi tubs but on the third floor only, so if ya want a jacuzzi tub (or a tub at all) ask for the 3rd floor. Two, if you are a light sleeper, ask for the front *south* room because the rooms on the north are over the street out to the water and the dock. Lots of people and vehicles use it in the morning early to get to their work day.

I last stayed at the Mayan Princess. I thought that was a pretty fantastic place too. However, again if you are a light sleeper, I don't recommend any of the middle rooms on the second floor. They are right near the ice machine and it goes off every 1/2 hour or so. I didn't get much sleep, not that I ever really do. [Linked Image]

Another thing that the Mayan had over the Blue Tang was these fabulous and large private balconeys. At the Blue Tang the balconeys are not private but shared. So you could be in your room and there could be other guests sitting out on the patio right outside your window.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54473 06/30/02 07:29 PM
Well said, Chloe.

Great advice, Seashell.

All of these things one must take into consideration. You can't go wrong staying at your first choice, but check out all the other accommodations. You may learn that staying north of the cut suits you or you might learn that it doesn't. You'll never know until you check it out.

Loie

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.