Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54881 - 07/16/02 01:33 AM Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
tonya&les Offline
Hello everyone. We are delighted to have found this message board. We decided we want to be married in Belize recently. I must admit that we were a tad bit overwhelmed when we first started research. It is nice to read everyones experiences and that they were good experiences. Bromista, we would like to know who was your wedding coordinator. We read the thread were you gave quotes and $500 to $700 is our price range. Can you let us know how everything turned out?

Has any one had a wedding ceremony at Portofinos or stayed there. If so how was it? We are thinking about a ceremony/honeymoon there. Any advise on all inclusive resorts that may have activities for the honeymoon. Even though our wedding will not be until low season of 03 or maybe Feb 04 we are looking now. Does anyone have any tips about trip/ceremony in low season or Feb? Let us know.

Also does any one know if you can have a midnight ceremony in Belize. Just an idea.

#54882 - 07/16/02 05:40 AM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
o jackie Offline
If I am not mistaken I think that February is high season. I think it goes something like November to Easter Sunday is high season and Easter Sunday to Thanksgiving is low season. I would double check that though.
Good Luck with your planning.

#54883 - 07/16/02 08:48 AM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
Johnboy Offline
FYI--------High season is Dec. 1-----April 30<><><><><><><><> Low season May 1------Nov. 30................

#54884 - 07/16/02 09:14 AM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
o jackie Offline
Thanks, Johnboy,
I was not for sure

#54885 - 07/17/02 07:13 PM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
tonya&les Offline
Thanks for the feedback guys! I've read the message board and I don't see much about Portofinos. Does anyone know about this place? Has anyone ever stayed there? If so how is the service, food, rooms, etc.?

I am also interested in any wedding packages, coordinators, etc. Thanks!

#54886 - 07/17/02 10:03 PM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
JmHanna Offline
Jan and Sandra are the best.
Plus he is the only guy on the island I have to look up to-barely!!

#54887 - 07/17/02 11:46 PM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
d-jon Offline
tonya&les, drop me a line and I'll be willing to assist you.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at djones@btl.net

#54888 - 08/01/02 02:55 PM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
italylover Offline
We just returned from our first trip to Belize and Portofino -- we cannot wait to go back...like everyone else who visits we are going through withdrawal...

Portofino is at the far north end of the island and is beautiful...we stayed in one of the treetop suites and our only (small) complaint is that the view of the caribbean from the porch is partially blocked by the beach cabanas which sit directly on the beach in front of the suite (which is raised up on stilts - since you pay more for this much larger suite, you would think the view would be better than that of the less expensive room!) ANYHOW, besides that NO COMPLAINTS here...the bartender, Jamal, was new, enthusiastic and fun, we ate there a few times and the food was good, the owners and the rest of the staff were really helpful and accomodating.
Our favorite restaurant was Capricorn - the stuffed grouper was awesome and the owner, Annabelle was friendly and a lot of fun - so much so we went twice in six nights! Loved Fido's but other than that, didn't really spend much time in San Pedro itself - we were there to relax and spend some time together, and Portofino's location is perfect for that.
If you have any other questions you'd like answered, you can email me directly at mem1122@aol.com

Have a great time!

#54889 - 08/02/02 01:05 AM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
tonya&les Offline
Thanks Mary. We really appreciate you're input. We're trying to decide where we want to stay. Right now it's out of Portofinos and Ramons. Were the rooms as pretty as on the internet? Leslie would like to know your opinion. Was it expensive. What would you rate it on a scale of 1-10. 10 being expensive.

Thanks for your input!

#54890 - 08/02/02 10:31 AM Re: Affordable Wedding/Stay @ Portofinos
italylover Offline
Yes, the rooms were absolutely as pretty as on the internet...and immaculately clean. I don't know anything about Ramon's so I can't offer any comparisons. The best I can say is that I'm lucky enough to have stayed in great hotels all over the world and I was not disappointed by Portofino. We were there off season, and for the room we had (it is the treetop suite shown on the internet - the Jasmine suite), it was well worth every cent we spent. I think for seven nights, for two people, the room with breakfast was about $1,700.

Hope this helps,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Pokey, 2 invisible), 61 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,207 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.