Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello everyone. We are delighted to have found this message board. We decided we want to be married in Belize recently. I must admit that we were a tad bit overwhelmed when we first started research. It is nice to read everyones experiences and that they were good experiences. Bromista, we would like to know who was your wedding coordinator. We read the thread were you gave quotes and $500 to $700 is our price range. Can you let us know how everything turned out?

Has any one had a wedding ceremony at Portofinos or stayed there. If so how was it? We are thinking about a ceremony/honeymoon there. Any advise on all inclusive resorts that may have activities for the honeymoon. Even though our wedding will not be until low season of 03 or maybe Feb 04 we are looking now. Does anyone have any tips about trip/ceremony in low season or Feb? Let us know.

Also does any one know if you can have a midnight ceremony in Belize. Just an idea.

Tonya&Les
O
O
Tonya&Les,
If I am not mistaken I think that February is high season. I think it goes something like November to Easter Sunday is high season and Easter Sunday to Thanksgiving is low season. I would double check that though.
Jackie
Good Luck with your planning.

FYI--------High season is Dec. 1-----April 30<><><><><><><><> Low season May 1------Nov. 30................

John
O
O
Thanks, Johnboy,
I was not for sure
Jackie

OP Offline
Thanks for the feedback guys! I've read the message board and I don't see much about Portofinos. Does anyone know about this place? Has anyone ever stayed there? If so how is the service, food, rooms, etc.?

I am also interested in any wedding packages, coordinators, etc. Thanks!

Tonya&Les

Tonya&Les
http://portofinodiving.com/
Jan and Sandra are the best.
Plus he is the only guy on the island I have to look up to-barely!!
Jim

Jim
D
D
tonya&les, drop me a line and I'll be willing to assist you.

[email protected]

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
I
I
We just returned from our first trip to Belize and Portofino -- we cannot wait to go back...like everyone else who visits we are going through withdrawal...

Portofino is at the far north end of the island and is beautiful...we stayed in one of the treetop suites and our only (small) complaint is that the view of the caribbean from the porch is partially blocked by the beach cabanas which sit directly on the beach in front of the suite (which is raised up on stilts - since you pay more for this much larger suite, you would think the view would be better than that of the less expensive room!) ANYHOW, besides that NO COMPLAINTS here...the bartender, Jamal, was new, enthusiastic and fun, we ate there a few times and the food was good, the owners and the rest of the staff were really helpful and accomodating.
Our favorite restaurant was Capricorn - the stuffed grouper was awesome and the owner, Annabelle was friendly and a lot of fun - so much so we went twice in six nights! Loved Fido's but other than that, didn't really spend much time in San Pedro itself - we were there to relax and spend some time together, and Portofino's location is perfect for that.
If you have any other questions you'd like answered, you can email me directly at [email protected]

Have a great time!
Mary

OP Offline
Thanks Mary. We really appreciate you're input. We're trying to decide where we want to stay. Right now it's out of Portofinos and Ramons. Were the rooms as pretty as on the internet? Leslie would like to know your opinion. Was it expensive. What would you rate it on a scale of 1-10. 10 being expensive.

Thanks for your input!
Latonya

Tonya&Les
I
I
Yes, the rooms were absolutely as pretty as on the internet...and immaculately clean. I don't know anything about Ramon's so I can't offer any comparisons. The best I can say is that I'm lucky enough to have stayed in great hotels all over the world and I was not disappointed by Portofino. We were there off season, and for the room we had (it is the treetop suite shown on the internet - the Jasmine suite), it was well worth every cent we spent. I think for seven nights, for two people, the room with breakfast was about $1,700.

Hope this helps,
Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.