Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#54962 - 07/17/02 02:48 AM Place to download photos from digital cam
paflsu Offline
My fiance and I will be traveling to AC for our honeymoon on August 12. This message board has been a great help in planning the trip, and I will definetly post a trip report with pictures. I have a question though. I am bringing a digital camera with a 32MB card. Is there a place on the island where I can download the pictures from the camera (USB) to a zip disk so I can take more pictures with one card? I have a laptop, but as the board has suggested not taking valuables, I'd rather leave it at home. I know there are several cyber cafes, but I haven't been able to determine if the computers have a zip dirve and usb ports. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Patrick and Christy

[This message has been edited by paflsu (edited 07-16-2002).]

#54963 - 07/17/02 04:06 AM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
sweetjane Offline
when we wondered the same thing...we took no chances. these were my pics from the belize rainforest!! so, we brought the laptop anyway.

it was a pain in the rear thru security. but we were 3 adults with 2 camers, plus two little kids who wanted to play frogger2.

was it worth it? i said yes (so did my friend with the other camera), but my husband had to lug it, and isn't so sure!

(sorry i can't answer your question, tho)

#54964 - 07/17/02 06:02 AM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
SFJeff Offline
Julian Rivero runs a Co called CSM2000 (across the street from Elvi's, phone 2330 I believe.) He does most all of the computer repair and networking for Ambergris (and much of Belize.) Though the "internet cafe" part of his place is not open yet, he has the equipment you'd need... I'd drop by and see if he could do it for you.

#54965 - 07/17/02 03:10 PM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
lilwings Offline
Paflsu - Here's an idea for you, we had that same problem so what we did was buy a 128MB card off of ebay, I think it was around $50.00 dollars. We will just miss each other. We will be on our weddingmoon from Aug. 1-10. Best Wishes to you.

#54966 - 07/17/02 04:44 PM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
sweetjane Offline
128 may be good for you, but i took over 100 pics a day sometimes. at if i used super high quality, it only takes 50 pics. i brought 2 64 cards, but still downloaded daily. (however, i am a nut. (i also was so glad to be able to see them everyday!!)

also, i found a 1-hour NiMh battery charger. batteries needed changing daily too. they are well worth the initial investment if your camera will take them.

#54967 - 07/17/02 04:54 PM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
aqtpie2 Offline
I would reccommend taking a larger flash card. Don't worry about the downloading. And the rechargable batteries were worth the investment. I took my super charger and was set the whole 12 days! Plenty of space on my flash cards and plenty of battery juice!

#54968 - 07/17/02 05:15 PM Re: Place to download photos from digital cam
paflsu Offline
Thanks for all the advice. I emailed Julian and he said he had computers with 100MB zip drives and usb ports, so I will probably stop by there every other day or so. Thanks for the heads up on the batteries, we are borrowing my sisters camera and I hadn't even thought about batteries yet!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.