Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54993 07/17/02 03:45 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm a Belize rookie. We are planning a trip for January to Ambergris. We are seriously considering Seven Sea's. Our group will consist of 6 couples. A mixture of divers, snorklers, musicians and fishermen. I'd like some feedback on Seven Sea's as well as any info on what we can expect for airfare. We live in the Atlanta are, but will drive for a deal. Thanks, Kathy

#54994 07/17/02 04:01 PM
clean but basic, i believe.

tell us what type of accommodations you are interested in and i'm sure you will get a slew of feedback.

#54995 07/17/02 04:07 PM
O
O
I stayed there August of 2001 and didnt care for it.
Jackie

#54996 07/17/02 04:11 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Here's the whole scoop. The theme for the trip revolves around Jerry Jeff Walker's annual beach party even though only two of us listen to the man's music. Actually it's just an excuse for a gathering of many of my husbands long time and rather eccentric (when we were younger the word was either weird or bizarre) friends. The ingredients for the soup include an Air Force Colonel and wife, a guitar player, an investment broker, a life long batchelor and additional assortment of odd characters who share a love of fun, music and inebriation. So the accomodations should be clean, air conditioned, close to town, and not easily offended by strange middle-aged people doing odd things at odd times. Don't get me wrong, we're not crazy, just noisy and noticable. A pool is also on the list. Any suggestions are truly appreciated. Thanks, Kathy

#54997 07/17/02 04:47 PM
look at the site for the palms. they are very nice condos with ac, tv, pool, close to town & next door to ramon's famous dive bar.

many folks here like banana beach too. i stayed at caribe island which is also really nice, but 3 mi south of town.

another option is to rent a whole beach house, where you can't disturb any one (and vise versa). there are many to chose from.

you can find these & more links on "lodgings" up top.

other suggestions?

#54998 07/17/02 05:23 PM
O
O
Well I will be at Banana Beach in August and I will tell you how that is when I get back,if I come back,just kidding.What is the name of the one that is one over from Hustler. Is that the palms? Its like in a semi circle and it has the thatched roof bar, the grounds are really nicely landscaped,its all white and brown. I know I am describing about ten,right.
so anyway, I will let you know how Banana Beach is.
Jackie

#54999 07/17/02 05:32 PM
I stayed at SevenSeas for four nights this past June. I happened to have been given the "model time share unit" which was beautiful and way too much room for just me. They only gave that to me because they over booked. I saw one of the other rooms, and it was clean but had a very small bedroom which had the small airconditioner. In my mind, you can find better for nearly the same price. I agree that Banana Beach should be a consideration for your group.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#55000 07/18/02 08:52 AM
O
O
Gela,
I agree you could find much better for about the same price range. So you kinda lucked out with the model. What did they build next door, they were working on something last year,pretty much all day, I think it was a hotel?
I think that the one that I was trying to describe earlier was Caribbean Villas.
Jackie

[This message has been edited by o jackie (edited 07-18-2002).]

#55001 07/18/02 09:48 AM
The Sunbreeze Hotel sounds perfect for this group. It's close to town and within walkng distance of tons of restaurants and bars. It has a beautiful swimming pool and deck. There is a restaurant on the premises and BC's Beach Bar next door on the south side. The rooms are air conditioned, and the management is A-one. Take a look: www.sunbreezehotel.com

Jim

**Jim
#55002 07/18/02 11:18 AM
O Jackie, they were almost finished building what I believe are time shares or condos next door. It's a beautiful building and sure raises the value of the neighborhood. As for SevenSeas, they neglected to tell me that they were building the next two stories above my room. At about 7:00am each morning I awoke to hammering, sawing, etc.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.