Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#55170 - 07/24/02 01:06 PM SAGA donations
SeaJay Offline
After much discussion on "San Pedro Dogs~Urgent", quite a few people have shown interest in making donations to SAGA. It was suggested that we have a seperate topic for people to show their support (in the way of donations) so this is the place. This way we can leave the other topic open for discussions. If you are making a donation and want to have it noted on the board, please add your name to the list.

SeaJay (Bill and Cheryl) - $100

#55171 - 07/24/02 01:17 PM Re: SAGA donations
sweetjane Offline
hey seajay, count me in. i bet you could get several hundred dollars together with this group.

i was thinking...would you be interested in collecting donations to send down all together? (we can mail them to you)

if you, susan & warren wrote a statement about how you (plural) wish to have the funds allocated (say, for spaying & neutering only or whatever), and sent down as one donation, it might actually go where you want it too.

money talks, and there is strength in numbers. just a thought.

#55172 - 07/24/02 02:20 PM Re: SAGA donations
Just picked up our Saga t-shirts from the post office direct from San Pedro.Really cool shirts.Keep the donations coming in.

#55173 - 07/24/02 02:41 PM Re: SAGA donations
Chloe Offline
Forgive me, I am stressed today.

Just go to the home page here, click on SAGA
and make your donation, then come back and tell us about it.

We do not need a new system here, one is in place already.

We can not donate and expect to tell SAGA how to spend the money. Saga is there and knows where best to spend the money. We must TRUST Saga.
Dare To Deviate

#55174 - 07/24/02 03:16 PM Re: SAGA donations
susangg Offline
I sent $100 last year and just sent $125 a few days ago. (Use the online VISA donation system, its quick and easy). I also paid for shots, de worming, and Frontline for a doggie (SAGA spayed her for free!) that we are sort of "adopting" (our night manager is keeping her for us til Izzy comes back, we are paying for the food and any other care that comes up) and Izzy plans to sail with her to Panama. (I'm a cat person but he has always wanted a dog and this one is very cute and lovable, plus she is on the small side...Maybe some of you saw her, she's the calico dog (lots of colors) with gold eyes, short hair but her ears and tail are fuzzy...) We also supply cat food for the Paradise Villas cats and tried to snag them for spaying and neutering. SAGA plans to come out there with humane traps to snatch the kitties for that purpose....The mama cat is gorgeous, a lovely silver tabby with huge green eyes rimmed with black. I tried to catch her but she scratched me and ran off...
Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com

#55175 - 07/24/02 03:31 PM Re: SAGA donations
sweetjane Offline
ok, i guess i got caught up in the excitement. chloe is probably right.

i too just took down a big box of supplies. as to donation, i will just do my own thing.

(my heart was in the right place)

#55176 - 07/24/02 05:15 PM Re: SAGA donations
bywarren Offline
So much for that idea to have this topic just to list donations and use the others for our comments. Anyway, the good news is donations are coming.

#55177 - 07/25/02 12:43 PM Re: SAGA donations
munichchick Offline
Susang! How cool that you are adopting that doggie and helping the Kitties. We adopted our little Italian Greyhound 8 month ago and we are so glad we did. We did this here in California. Help is needed everywhere I tell you. But I am happy you where able to adopt in San Pedro that is wonderful. That pup will pay you back with tons of love!!!!!!

#55178 - 07/31/02 11:54 AM Re: SAGA donations
maruke Offline
Thanks for posting the web address for SAGA, I have now become a member and hopefully I can continue contributing to this worthwhile cause. Merritt Island Florida doesn't have too be that far away.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,257 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.