Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55251 - 07/25/02 12:48 AM Getting to the North End
CMNate Offline
I hear there are no roads on the North end of the island. Can anyone tell me how far the roads go from San Pedro (miles)? About how much would it cost to have someone (who has a boat) take me up the coast? Any recommendations? I would pick a bike over a cart (don't mind the work out). Are there paths for a bike?

Thanks for the info,

#55252 - 07/25/02 07:07 AM Re: Getting to the North End
o jackie Offline
I talked with them last night and they said to give them a call.

#55253 - 07/25/02 08:16 AM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx Offline
How far do you want to go...? I own property on the North end near Robles. We have always taken a boat up there. It is a beautiful ride. As you approach Robles there are huge coral heads inside the reef. Takes some patience to get through, however, well worth the trip.

#55254 - 07/25/02 09:12 AM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx: Where is your property?We own three lots about a mile south of Robles Point.A few yards south of the blown down dock.Most of the dock now is sitting upside down on our lot.This was the last dock before Robles.
In May we camped out up there and walked to Rocky Point.Nice adventure.

#55255 - 07/25/02 10:14 AM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx Offline
My property begins at Robles Point heading North. As soon as you make the turn around Robles Point while walking you are on my property.

#55256 - 07/25/02 10:59 AM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx: You have probably the highest elevation on the island.A rough beach but high up.Do you have any plans to build in the near future?

#55257 - 07/25/02 11:24 AM Re: Getting to the North End
CMNate Offline
I want to go as far as I can (within reason). I'm just trying to get a visual layout of the land. I wouldn't mind a 15 mile bike ride if there is a path I can go on. I haven't been able to get any specifics on costs for a boat to take me up that way.

#55258 - 07/25/02 11:44 AM Re: Getting to the North End
CMNate Offline
How far are you from the town of Xcalak in Mexico? I've read you can hire a boat from there to San Pedro, but it's about $200 one way. With the increase in infrastructure in the Costa Maya region of Mexico, I would expect there to be more traffic in the future that might make the North part more accessible.

#55259 - 07/25/02 11:46 AM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx Offline
The view is incredible from the "top" of the property. The beach will never be sandy, however, we have the reef at our doorstep. We are planning on building in the not so distant future. Building up there will be challenging for sure. Huge questions need to be answered like...... How do we get supplies delivered....? Before we get to that point, I need to locate and hire a caretaker to live on and maintain the property.

#55260 - 07/25/02 12:02 PM Re: Getting to the North End
bbnx Offline
We had a guy take us up there a few weeks ago, however, we spent the entire day. He cooked lunch etc. Cost me $200USD. I am certain you could get a cheaper deal by eliminating the lunch and staying for a shorter period of time.

We are approximately 12 miles from Xcalak based on what I have been told/read/heard. I hold no hope for any road access from either side (San Pedro or Xcalak) or utility access in my lifetime and I am only 40.

[This message has been edited by bbnx (edited 07-25-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 106 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.