Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tabes2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I've been lurking this board for some time now and am finally making my first post! We are headed to AC for our honeymoon Sept 10-17. I've been reading about all the fabulous restaurants and things to see/do - we can't wait for our trip [Linked Image]

We did pick the low season and expect some things will be closed - I already know these places will NOT be open:
- Mata Chica and Mambo restaurant
- Capricorn

While these were on the top of my list based on your posts, we will just have to try out the many other places on the island. If anyone has been in low season/September, please advise on what you know is open/closed.

We are staying at Victoria House (luckily they are staying open and not closing like they usually do!).

Thanks in advance,
Heather

Heather, I seem to remember that usually Sweet Basil's restaurant closes in September.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
we have visited twice during the month of september and have never been at a loss for good food. the wonderful thing is that there are usually no crouds. in the past a lot of construction occured during this time so it could be a bit noisey if there was work going on at your hotel. these times they are a changin so i think construction is going on all the time now.
gay

R
R
We were in AC last September, and loved it so much we are returning again this September. The fact that there were no crowds anywhere made the experience that much more enjoyable! (Peaceful and private, great for a honeymoon!) Don't worry though, there are plenty of great places to eat! La Margarita Mexican Restaurant, I remember was closed though. Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

T
tabes2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you for the responses so far! Does anyone know if the restaurants in town are open? What about the weekly 'activities' I've been reading about - like BC's bbq and the chicken drop - will we be able to check these out?

Also looking forward to diving and other trips. We are planning on just going with the flow and finding dive/tour operators we like when we are down there (since low season not expecting it to be overly booked up). If this is not a good assumption, please let us know!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.