Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#55722 - 08/04/02 04:38 PM AC first timers-lodging
Anonymous
Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out the best place to stay for moderate pricing . So far have 3 major places in mind. What do you think of Ramone's, Coral Bay Villas, and Belizean Reef? Are they nice, worth the money , active enough , good beach areas, good air vebntilation , nice rooms , comfy beds etc? any help would be great. We are also going last week in September , is that a good time , not killer heat? What are some great must see places to go and best diving spots? Anyone done a Padi certtification there? Thanks again , Dawn

#55723 - 08/04/02 07:11 PM Re: AC first timers-lodging
Johnboy Offline
I always recommend MataRocks. (BTW-- they probably have their pool in by now)Check them out...They have suites or doubles...
E-mail Ana at Matarocks@btl.net

#55724 - 08/04/02 09:58 PM Re: AC first timers-lodging
sandman Offline
Without a doubt, go with your 1st choice of Ramons. Spend the extra $ and go for one of the upper floor suites. You will not be disappointed.
http://www.fortunecity.com/oasis/ozarks/466/room.jpg

[This message has been edited by sandman (edited 08-04-2002).]

#55725 - 08/04/02 10:55 PM Re: AC first timers-lodging
Anonymous
thanks sandman . wh ydo you recommend the third floor , ? isd there a great breeze coming in the rooms there ? please some details thanks , also i cant get a price from ramones , how much is it do you know? thanks

#55726 - 08/05/02 01:47 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
sandman Offline
Dawn_nyc,

http://www.fortunecity.com/oasis/ozarks/466/ramon.htm

1st off, sorry for the size download, it was a quick & dirty web post.

1. It is the 2nd floor, not 3.
2. Yes there is a great breeze, but the other rooms just have a door and a couple windows facing the beach. The suites have french doors that open completely. Just the overhead fan does a wonderful job at night. Unless of course you have one of those no breeze nights, and you've the ac to take care of things.
3. The pool
4. The bar
5. Ice box in the room
6. The pool
7. The bar
8. Coffee machine in the room
9. Great shower & bathroom area
10. cd player components
11. The pool
12. The staff
13. Raking the beach each morning
14. The pool
15. Lobster season beach grills
16. Ramon's dock
17. The pool

Damn, I forgot.

Off season, we have paid as low as $150. It all depends, how long you stay, do you get lucky and they are just tourista slow that period.

San Pedro, Belize
Toll Free: 1-800-MAGIC 15 International: 601-649-1990
U.S. Reservation Office
One Freedom Square, Laurel, MS 39440-3325
Phone: (601)-649-1990 Fax: (601)-649-1996
or Email Ramons @ info@ramons.com

http://www.ramons.com/

[This message has been edited by sandman (edited 08-04-2002).]

#55727 - 08/05/02 02:17 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
Anonymous
thanks sandman but i think 150 a night for the standard room is a little out of our budget , any other suggestions?

#55728 - 08/05/02 02:35 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
patrickh Offline
Dawn

I stayed at Ramon's the first time I went to SP and agree with sandman, you have to get the suite, the other rooms are not worth the money. I stayed at the Blue Tang in July and it was great for the price, I would stay there again. Also, have you tried the Sunbreeze, it is nice and right next to Ramon's

#55729 - 08/05/02 03:17 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
Anonymous
thank you patrick , am checking out any deals at the blue tang , can you tell me what you liked , maybe disliked there? was it worth the money to stay there , how close to town is it etc , thanks , d

#55730 - 08/05/02 06:37 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
seashell Offline
I haven't stayed at Blue Tang since it was acquired by new owners and rejuvenated and I liked it quite well before all the work was done on it. However, it is a bit pricey now. I'm surprised that you are looking at it, if you think you can't afford the Banana Beach.

Anyway, Blue Tang is in a pretty good location, except that I always recommend that people get a front suite on the south side because the suites on the northside are right by the road.

Have you looked at Seven Seas?

#55731 - 08/05/02 07:05 AM Re: AC first timers-lodging
sactownsista Offline
i too say try seven seas. i haven't stayed there yet, but i will in feb and although a little small i hear they are clean, basic and i think all the currently available rooms have an ocean view

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.