Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
E
Susangg
You are missing my entire point. I am not political and not affiliated to any political party in Belize. I do not agree with everything any government of the day does or has done, especially the sale of passports which both parties have been accused of.
Not because I do not agree with something or is not to my benefit I call it STUPID OR DUMB!

S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dear Einer: I think you will have to look far and wide in my postings to this BBS to find an occasion wherein I accused a Belizean government official (or anyone else) of BEING "STUPID" or "DUMB."
what have said on a few occasions is that someone DID something "STUPID" or "DUMB" (or perhaps "SILLY" or even "OUTRAGEOUS."
With respect to the issue about which you disagree so strongly with me (whether its OK to led dogs breed, enjoy the puppies when they are young, and then put them out to starve and then poison them for being strays) I believe, if memory serves, I described that policy as "SUCKS BIG TIME." OK, that's not drawing room language, but most people would not consider it obscene or offensive on a chat board.
I can understand how you might take a contrary view on the issue itself, but it is puzzling why you have taken my comments so personally.
In this type of forum, people express their opinions and we do it quickly and often bluntly. While reasonable people differ at what point the line is crossed between acceptable BBS discourse and unacceptable verbal abuse, I do not believe that I have ever crossed that line, much less that I make a practice of crossing it. Sorry, but I just don't think that calling a government policy "stupid" or "silly" or "dumb" comes anywhere near that line.
Some people feel that one must refrain from expressing feelings on controversial topics and must be careful to euphemise and use bland language when chatting on this board. I am not one of them. I sense that you are, and while I respect your right to communicate in the way that makes you feel most comfortable, I assume the same right.
My style is different from yours, at least in a chat room. I just don't feel the need to be decorous. When I am in federal court, I DO feel the need to be decorous and I act accordingly.
Some might think that your "digs" at me are quite a bit nastier than anything I have said on this board, and certainly, nastier than anything I have said negative about you (which is zero). You have also misquoted me, which is sort of below the belt, but that's OK. I'm a big girl. I can handle it....
Anyway, perhaps you could communicate with me privately about what the problem is and see if it can be worked out?
You know my email address, I am sure....

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.