Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#55900 - 08/12/02 07:36 PM thunderbolt
beale1 Offline
Does anyone have information on the thunderbolt and its dependability as far as Sunday pickups - we will be leaving Caves Branch Sunday morning and need to meet it - I think it picks up at about 5:00 PM if I'm not mistaken - or there might possibly be earlier pickups???? ANy info???

#55901 - 08/12/02 08:28 PM Re: thunderbolt
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
There are now scheduled water taxis leaving from TWO locations in Belize City -- the old Marine Terminal next to the Swing Bridge and the new Fort Point Tourist Village docks. Most visitors seem to prefer the new Tourist Village location, as it's clean, safe and more user friendly. The Village has about 30 shops including some restaurants and a cybercafe.

I'm not sure if Thunderbolt is now a part of this new Water Taxi Association or not, but in any case there are plenty of boats.

Here is the schedule for the Tourist Village boats, which was posted by someone else recently (Silkpainter). The Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association boats from the Marine Terminal have a somewhat similar schedule. That's posted somewhere around here. As I recall leaving from Belize City it's 9, Noon and 3 most days. Prices are the same from either place.

--Lan Sluder

>>

Tourism Village Water Taxi Association Schedule
9 boats, some are partially covered
Water taxis will stop at St. George’s Caye and Caye Chapel to drop off and pick up passengers on request. Call 226-0232
The Tourism Village has a brand new terminal at the mouth of the Belize River with plenty of free parking for taxis, busses and autos. Clean bathrooms – no charge.
Ticket prices:
Belize City to Caye Caulker
One way - $15 bz. per person
Round trip - $25 bz. per person
Travel time approx. 1 hour
Belize City to San Pedro
One way - $25 bz. per person
Round trip - $45 bz. per person
Travel time approx. 1-1/2 hours
Departs from San Pedro Texaco Marina stopping at Caye Caulker and arriving at Belize City Tourist Village
7 a.m.
11 a.m.
12:30 p.m.
2 p.m.
4 p.m.
Dpearts from Caye Caulker Municipal Dock on the back side of the island and arrives at Belize City Tourism Village
7:30 a.m.
8:15 a.m.
11:30 a.m.
1 p.m.
2:30 p.m.
4:30p.m.
Belize City Tourism Village to Caye Caulker & San Pedro
8:30 a.m.
10 a.m.
11:30 a.m.
2:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. (last boat that goes all the way to San Pedro
5 p.m. (to Caye Caulker only)

#55902 - 08/12/02 09:03 PM Re: thunderbolt
Marty Offline
will find out...

ok. a question.
where do you want to be picked up? (asks the brother of the fellow who drives the Thunderbolt)

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 08-12-2002).]

#55903 - 08/12/02 10:30 PM Re: thunderbolt
beale1 Offline
Hello brother of the guy who drives the Thunderbolt - will be leaving Ian's Sunday after breakfast - probably two hours to get to Belize City - Probably about 2:00 - 3:00 - many thanks

#55904 - 08/13/02 03:27 PM Re: thunderbolt
Marty Offline
You can get on the 5pm boat from Belize City.

#55905 - 08/14/02 03:22 AM Re: thunderbolt
deano Offline
Of the many boats traveling to AC daily I prefer the Thunderbolt. More reliable and faster than the others. Any of the Cabbies will know where it is. (North side of the swing bridge.) The Sunday run is sometimes crowded so get there a bit early to get a seat.The Water Taxi terminal is only a few blocks walk. (on the other side of the swing bridge)So don't despair if you miss the T'bolt or its full. I havent been left behind yet..My last run to San Pedro showed 49mph on my handheld GPS in the flats behind the Island .. Pretty impressive for a big boat with 50 folks plus 4000lbs freight onboard!!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.