Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#56223 08/22/02 12:45 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all,
I just got engaged and my fiance and I want to take our family to AC and get married on a nice secluded beach.

We're want to go in March--which is why I'm freaking out right now. All the resorts are telling me that I have to choose very quickly!!!

You've all had such great ideas that I'm looking for some ideas of where we could stay. I've got one issue: my dad isn't in the best of health and I want to make sure he can have a good time without doing tons of walking.

Thanks to you all, and I'm looking forward to your replies!
S

[This message has been edited by cybersonj (edited 08-22-2002).]

#56224 08/22/02 01:21 PM
KC Offline
First of all... relax.
You have plenty of time to make a choice.

[Linked Image]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#56225 08/22/02 01:24 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks KC, but everyone is saying that if we don't act now we won't be able to get accomodations for our family (about 14-16 of us total) or we'll get royally ripped off on air fare.

But just because you asked so nicely, I'll try and relax. But its hard!

#56226 08/22/02 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Many congrads!
Please email me and I will send you some info on our resort, Caribe Island. We have wedding packages, and have hosted several large groups.
I have to agree that you should make your decisions pretty soon. March looks like a busy month on Ambergris Caye!!
Cheerz,
Vicki Nichols
[email protected]

#56227 08/22/02 02:00 PM
L
L
I just returned from AC, where I was married. We stayed up on the North End about 3 miles from town at Captain Morgan's Resort. It was everything we wanted. Quite, secluded, nice setting, thatched cabana. We enjoyed the fact we were away from town and did not find it cumbersome to take the water taxi into town. You are more than welcome to check out some of our pictures. go to www.kyautosales.com/belize.htm if this link doesn't work by clicking on it copy it into your web browser. The pictures of our wedding are far away because some people we met from the resort were actually taking them and they didn't want to interfere w/our photographer. If you haven't already contact Kay Scott, she is the island photographer and did a wonderful job.

If you continue to search this board you will notice that a lot of people like Victoria House especially for the wedding setting. You may want to contact them. I only saw the ouside of this resort and the beach and it does look beautiful. Stay in contact with this board and you will get lots of useful information.

As for your dad I would recommend a golf cart and he'll be fine. The streets in San Pedro are not long and there's only three of them.

Congratulations to you and good luck. Do relax, everything will work out.

#56228 08/22/02 02:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks lilwings and ibanole,
My stress level is dropping. I work in DC and its easy around here to get carried away! I'm glad to hear about the golf carts!!

Lilwings, your pictures are great!! Makes me want to go right now. Do you mind my asking if CM was really expensive? I know they have a wedding package for us, but I'm trying to keep costs down for my family. I just feel a bit rotten asking folks to pay a fortune for our wedding.

Also since there will be a big group of us I was hoping to find something all inclusive so we wouldn't have to do that thing with the check at the end of every meal.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

S

#56229 08/23/02 08:04 AM
N
N
I got married last May on Ambergris Caye. We had 14 in our group and we stayed at Banana Beach (very affordable and very nice). We got married at Victoria House and stayed there our wedding night. Banana Beach and Victoria House are walking distance from each other. Victoria House was the perfect setting for our wedding. Congratulations! And don't worry about anything. Getting married on Ambergris Caye was the least stressful thing I have ever done.

[This message has been edited by Nicki (edited 08-23-2002).]

#56230 08/23/02 08:38 AM
L
L
I think CM was $159.00 a night at the time we went. I believe the time your talking about going is in high season, so prices are going to be higher. We did not do a package we just purchased our room & air together and did the rest ala carte. My suggesstion, I do not recommend you doing an all-inclusive. AC has too many wonderful places to eat at and enjoy. You will want to experience them. You might be able to include breakfast in your choice of stay but I would eat the other meals out.

Thanks for looking at the pictures. We truly did have a fun time.

#56231 08/25/02 07:15 AM
i stayed at caribe island in june and have some pics, if you want to see. we had a terrific stay there.

heres two:
http://www.pbase.com/image/3453282
http://www.pbase.com/image/3510317

[This message has been edited by sweetJane (edited 08-25-2002).]

#56232 08/25/02 01:38 PM
you can also talk to Iraida at http://Belizeweddings.com , [email protected] . She can help....

Marty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.