Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56253 - 08/29/02 12:31 AM Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
IslandJunkie Offline
Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits is on my mind today. The line… “When I get back home to Texas, and they ask me what I miss most…” Well, when I have a rough day (like today), I think about Belize and spend a few minutes looking at the pretty picture on my computer, and the pictures of my friends, favorite places, sharks and sunrises that I have on my cubicle wall. So….

When I get back home to Oregon, and they ask me what I miss most…..

Early mornings on Ruby’s dock sipping coffee or orange juice and either reading, daydreaming or staring into the sunrise wondering what adventures the day will hold.

Speeding across the water in my friend’s boat, loving every minute, feeling free.

Listening to music at Fido’s, and partaking in shots of Tequila with my dear island buddy, with an occasional “fluff” drink.

Snorkeling with some absolutely amazing fish, rays, sharks, and seeing the wonder that is beneath the surface.

Enjoying a great dinner at Caliente or Elvie’s or wherever.

Enjoying the fact that I can hardly remember any stressful moment in life, from work or anywhere else, for a few golden days.

Even in the memories, I find joy… and the hope of another trip next spring gives me motivation to plow ahead.

With that, the salt mines are waiting.

Later,
IJ

#56254 - 08/29/02 12:58 AM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
yat Offline
Hi IJ,
I know what you mean about Ruby's. Next week will be my 4 time at Ruby's. For me it's the perfect place. Right out your room to get the freshest coffee and johnny cakes or cinnamon buns. Lounging out on the deck watching the people pass by.

I find the toughest decision is when to move from the picnic table to the hammock and when to get the first Belikin of the day.

yat

#56255 - 08/29/02 01:14 AM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
IslandJunkie Offline
Yat,

hey, if I remember right, I was supposed to meet you last Sept at Ruby's, but I didn't make it b/c of 9-11, and I was supposed to travel 9-12. Was that you? Have a great time, and have a Belekin with my name on it!

IJ

#56256 - 08/30/02 03:31 AM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
beale1 Offline
I can't believe you brought up Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits ..... you are absolutely correct. We just got back on Sunday, finally found that CD. Tonight we got together with a couple of the other people that went with us, got out 12 rolls of developed pictures, put on the CD, and looked and remembered. WOW - you took the words right out of my mouth - and yes, you're right, tomorrow back to the salt mines.

Let's all get together and plan our trip back ...

#56257 - 08/30/02 05:45 PM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
IslandJunkie Offline
beale,
sounds like you, too, can be diagnosed with re-entry sickness. the only known cure is a return trip!!!

#56258 - 08/30/02 07:46 PM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
beale1 Offline
I'm listening to Gringo in Belize right now and just wishing ......

I try to explain to people and words simply fail me ....

Yes, it's true, it's got to be reentry sickness (long sigh)
Island Junkie - great minds think alike - your soul mate Beale.

#56259 - 08/30/02 08:46 PM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
mountain Larry Offline
I didn't even miss Belize, then I unpacked! My wife and I have just about warn out that CD, I hope it holds off until our return trip next year.

#56260 - 08/30/02 09:26 PM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
seashell Offline
Occasionally, I still get some Belizean sand falling out of my Tivas. Sigh.

#56261 - 08/31/02 04:07 AM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
IslandJunkie Offline
beale,

soul mate, huh? I'm flattered!

Yep, been there, felt that way. In fact, maybe I'll go get my JJW CD & put in on right now. Anyhow, I read the report from scottjenn on the other area about your trip to Caves Branch and the Black Hole Drop. Was that not one of the most amazing things?!?! How about a little report on the rest of your trip? We others live vicariously through the stories of recent returnees, until we can go again (for me, probably not until May). So, fess up... did you turn San Pedro upside down after your jaunt on the mainland?

soulmate

#56262 - 08/31/02 02:42 PM Re: Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits
beale1 Offline
Dear Soulmate

Ian's - Caves Branch - Bunkhouse - you have to hold on very tightly to the memory to keep it from disappearing - picnics inside caves - incredible staff - pee-pee lecture - panty rippers - we both need to go to his online guestbook while memories are fresh.

San Pedro - wide-eyed amazement, beautiful smiles, great senses of humor, different worlds.

No rules - no restrictions was San Pedro for us - Dodging golf carts, moonlit walks, Belikans, Fido's, laughing, margarittas, Elvi's, Victoria House, music, and long deep sighs with eyes closed hoping it will never end.

San Pedro was great. We stayed at Ramon's, which I would heartily recommend. Took several excursions, I would recommend them all . Reef fishing, where we caught yellow fin, red snapper, grouper, which we took back to Ramons and they prepared it for dinner for us. The day long Manatee, Hol Chan, Caye Caulker, island picnic trip. Snorkeling is not to be believed there - you're right - it's another world when you simply put your face under water.

Our last night we were at BC's when the tornado came through - but as I said, incredible ending to an incredible trip.

More later .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Chica Blanca, JED, ScubaLdy), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,193 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.