Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Hi all,
Since I'm kind of manic about my travel plans, I normally check the weather incessantly the week before I depart. We are traveling to AC next week and I am having trouble finding a weather forecast. Intellicast has a decent forecast for Belize City, but how much does the weather differ from AC? And/Or is there a weather source I'm not finding for AC weather? Any help appreciated!
6 days - can't wait!!!!!!!
Hallie

E
E
Not too much difference, a little breezer on the island, thus seems cooler. Rain squalls pop up without much notice. When you see the rain line hit the reef, head for cover cause you only have about 20 sec before getting soaked. Enjoy tou trip, I know you will love it.

Have to disagree with you there. It can rain in Belize City and it will rain ALL day. While on the Cayes, it usually passes over. Our weather usually comes from the northeast, occasionally from the south or west (watch out!). But Belize City's can come from the mainland. Ambergris Caye is at least 35 miles north of the city, and there are resorts as far as 8 miles north of San Pedro, so their weather different, 43 miles different. That is why San Pedro and Caye Caulker could be hit by Hurricane Keith and Belize City and Corozal just get heavy rains and storm surge. Sorry there is no weather site for San Pedro that I know of. But rest assured, it rarely rains all day on the cayes, even during rainey season (now), the weather passes quickly.
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com

Silkpainter is correct. The Cayes are so flat and small that we get passing showers all the time. Some are WILD. Not enough real estate to slow the storms down. Today probably 7 of them. The mainland weather is controlled by the rainforest as it creates its own atmosphere. Here we see it coming and deal with it.
I got drenched today just going to town as it was sunny and only a 5 minute boat ride.

Jim
E
E
Disagree all you want, you both confirmed my opinion, just used more words. Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by immissing (edited 09-07-2002).]

Who is disagreeing?
I don't get it.

Jim
Plus the next few days look very interesting

Jim
E
E
WHY ?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.