Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56672 - 09/06/02 09:34 PM What a great place!
son of a son Offline
Well, we just returned from a wonderful 18 day vacation on AC. Stayed at Seven Sea's for the first week and the Myan Princess for the rest. What a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

I like to think of myself as open-minded. I have read the post on this message board, pro and con, and went armed with knowledge.

I found the people to be very hospitable and nice. The accomidations to be more than sufficient. And the atmosphere relaxing.

Made alot of friends, both tourist and locals. My wife and I even got diver certified with Hustler tours. (something we had no interest in, we were stictly snorklers!)

overall we had a great experience! As soon as we get all the pics together we'll try to post them.

[This message has been edited by son of a son (edited 09-06-2002).]

#56673 - 09/07/02 02:17 AM Re: What a great place!
Marty Online   happy
Awesome! glad you had a great time, looking forward to the pictures!

#56674 - 09/07/02 03:09 AM Re: What a great place!
seashell Offline
Why did you move from the Seven Seas to the Mayan? I realize that they can't really be compared.

I've stayed at the Mayan and enjoyed it but have seriously considered the Seven Seas for a future booking. I like the location and the price. I like that it has a pool, as seldom as I'd actually use it.

So any insights you have I'd be happy to hear, pro or con. Thanks in advance.

#56675 - 09/07/02 06:17 AM Re: What a great place!
RobertE Offline
Now you are hooked! Hope you got Billy as your instructor at Hustler he is the best. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

#56676 - 09/08/02 05:10 AM Re: What a great place!
son of a son Offline
We exchanged 7 seas for a week and wanted to see some other places too. Had planned from the beginning to move after we had a chance to look around. The people at 7seas were terrific and the rooms were much better equipped than Mayan Princess. BUT ... The beds were awful!! understatement. I did speak to the owner and I left a nice comment card, excepting the bed issue, everything WAS nice. I was told by the owner that new beds were coming. WOULD DEFINATELY stay there again if the beds were improved. I like the location better than Mayan Princess actually.

Billy was our instructor! Vince & Everette were the greatest as boat captains. Diane kept us laughing.

Mickey's rules for breakfast, Papi's rock's for lunch & dinner. Also dos Cocos (simple but good)

NOW WE ARE HOOKED!!!!

[This message has been edited by son of a son (edited 09-07-2002).]

#56677 - 09/08/02 03:52 PM Re: What a great place!
Hey Jude Offline
Thanks for your info on the Seven Seas. I recently bought a timeshare week there and will be down there for the first time next March. I am curious about the scuba diving while staying at 7 Seas. Are there any dive shops/boats that give discounts or packages to divers staying at 7 Seas? Any dive shops near 7 Seas? Did they pick you up off their pier?
Thanks!

#56678 - 09/08/02 07:25 PM Re: What a great place!
Chloe Offline
Son of a Son, glad to hear you enjoyed AC much like the rest of us. Belizer too.

#56679 - 09/10/02 03:46 PM Re: What a great place!
son of a son Offline
chloe...you guys are so lucky....to be living that lifestyle everyday. It's hard not to love a place like AC. Once you find a place like that you want to stay. well until i can afford it, (retire) I guess i'll have to keep vacationing there.

hey jude...the closest dive shops to 7 sea's is Patojo's (in front of the Tide's) and Hustler Tours (that is who we used) a little further down. 7 sea's has a building on their pier but it's not open. The owner said he's thinking about re-opening soon. The guys at Hustler's will give you a discount if you do more than 3 things (tours and dives) with them. I think just about every dive shop will pick you up at 7 sea's pier.

#56680 - 09/10/02 05:52 PM Re: What a great place!
Chloe Offline
son of a son, thanks for thinking I live in Belize. Truth is my heart and soul do dwell in Belize, but my body is stuck in S. Texas.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 09-10-2002).]

#56681 - 09/11/02 07:27 PM Re: What a great place!
son of a son Offline
I think I know how you feel...except that we are stuck in Arizona. Belize is the first place I've been that actually has that HOME feeling. (hard to come back to reality!)

[This message has been edited by son of a son (edited 09-11-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, Pokey, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.