Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone , ok looks like we are on our way.... i have narrowed the lodging down to the 3 above and hear they are all good , i like the idea of the pool , but banaa seems farthest away from anything , I also heard their pool closes at 8 pm , is that true? seven seas i hear is nice but too close to town , alot of locals hang out there , is this true , and coral bay seems nice but no pool . at odds here , please help . Sometimes i hear the beds arethe worst or best thing about these places , any info on them would be great , thanks again .

I don't know about the other places but 7 sea's...depending on which room you get (front six) the beds suck. but the owner did say that new ones are coming. other than that 7 sea's was great. the staff was wonderful and location was excellent. just steal the mattress off the hide-away and put it under the bed mattress, get some extra pillows and stuff them in the middle and it'll be okay. (speeking from experience) I don't think the pool closes until midnight either, I could be wrong though. try e-mailing them directly, they answer pretty quickly.

[This message has been edited by son of a son (edited 09-10-2002).]

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
G
G
Have stayed a 7 Seas many times and have never noticed 'locals' hanging out. It's quiet and a great place to stay. Plus you can go right around the block and eat at Papi's!

M
M
7 seas was great, and it's like they say, they all look alike when the lights are off.
(P.S.If the mattress is lumpy I've found an extra beer or two before bedtime helps)

Check out Paradise Villas also. Nice nice pool, quiet and private, beautiful grounds, close to town but not in town.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
The pool @ 7 Seas has a closing time??? I guess we were illegal at 3AM!

B
B
we just spent a week at 7 seas this july & loved it...slept like a baby, but maybe cuz of the coconut rum one nite & vodka the next...who can remember? anyway, it was very peaceful, hardly even saw the other guests much less locals hanging out there...private & quiet & close enough to all the good action & food to be well worth the $$...good luck choosing & know you'll have a blast no matter where you sleep

M
OP Offline
M
thank you everyone for your input on places to stay . I am worried about the beds at 7 seas as i have heard some negative things about it but i guess we will figure it out in the next couple of days where to go . Thanks again

O
O
I do not know how anyone could compare Seven Seas to Banana Beach. There is no comparison. Bananas weighs out by far. The staff is great, grounds and beach are well maintained and beautiful. The room, no bed worries there. As far as the pool goes, yes there is a sign that says closes at 8, but rules are always bent. There are also two pools there and the one closer to the office has no time on it. The 8pm is meant for small unaccompanied children. As long as the noise is not out of control there are no problems. I stayed at both and you cannot beat Bananas. As far as the closeness to town, it is about a 25 minute beach walk,you cannot beat a walk along the beach or down the street, you can always get a cab, which is only 5 US or rent a golf cart. If you schedule any tours they pick you up from the dock.Any other questions you could email me at:
[email protected]
Jackie

[This message has been edited by o jackie (edited 09-12-2002).]

The beds always seem to be a concern in Belize. Most places have thin foam mattresses rather than "spring" ones, although this seems to be changing over the years. I have slept at Banana Beach a few times and they do have very good beds and I never had any problem with noise around the pool(except when I brought my own kids!!!). Never slept at 7 Seas. FYI - Best beds in the country --- Nautical Inn in Placencia (my opinion)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.