Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56835 - 09/13/02 05:23 PM sunburns???
Muriel33 Offline
Hi evberyone . Here is a question that has come up. I am someone who burns in 10 minutes and does not tan , i go pink then back to white.... I also cannot stand intense heat .... why am i going you mightask... well because i have never gone somewhere tropical .. I wonder if i will be miserable , or is the breeze cooling , and if i stay out of the sun 10-2 pm will i be ok . I dont want to make the rest of my group miserable because i will be . Should this be a major concern . Thanks

#56836 - 09/13/02 05:32 PM Re: sunburns???
Marty Offline
bring lots of 30+ weight sunscreen, and keep putting it on. you'll be fine...

#56837 - 09/13/02 06:22 PM Re: sunburns???
Chloe Offline
Marty is right on the 30+.
Keep it on all the time, even after showers in the evenings, then again in AM. Keeping a buildup going.
Also hat and big white shirt to coverup during long periods in the sun and boat rides.

#56838 - 09/13/02 07:10 PM Re: sunburns???
Muriel33 Offline
thanks for the info , i do feel better about the sun , what about the temp I dont mind mid 80s as long as it isnt majorly humid.... how is the temp at the end of september ? thanks again

#56839 - 09/13/02 10:54 PM Re: sunburns???
sweetjane Offline
LOL! dont forget your behind if you snorkel. i did that once & couldnt sit down for 24 hours. it will help to wear a t-shirt over your suit whenever in the ocean. much of the time there is shade nearby, except if you are walking or boating somewhere.

it will be hot. it will be humid. there is usually a nice breeze.

my 'always' advice: dont look for perfection. you will be disappointed. if you go with an open mind you will be pleasantly surprised.

#56840 - 09/13/02 11:35 PM Re: sunburns???
RobertE Offline
rent or borrow a wetsuit or dive skin to snorkel and make sure your neck is covered/protected on boat rides as the sun reflects off the water something wicked and will roast the back of your neck. Just my two cents worth. Make sure to save some rum for me and my band of assorted sots visiting in November

#56841 - 09/14/02 02:44 AM Re: sunburns???
mommy Offline
i know how u feel about heat. i sweat very easy and was worried about being soaked the hole time we were there. we went in april a it was great!! there was a non stop breeze, in the eve it gets lil rougher one night at dinner i was trying to eat my soup and the wind blew it out of my spoon before i could eat it. the only time i sweated was when we were in some parts of town where the wind couldnt get to as well. also LOTS OF SUNSCREEN!!! my hubby got burnt real bad he put it on frount but forgot to put it on the back of him. LOL
carrie

[This message has been edited by mommy82974 (edited 09-13-2002).]

#56842 - 09/14/02 04:16 PM Re: sunburns???
Enigma Offline
If you have a problem with heat and humidity, then don't come right now. You'd die from heat stroke in about an hour. LOL
It's hot as hell and NOOOOO breeze.

Give it another month or so and our breeze will be back. Then it's bearable.

#56843 - 09/14/02 04:43 PM Re: sunburns???
SP Daily Offline
Nice gentle breeze since yesterday. If you create a draft through your house and use fans you can be very comfortable in the tropics.

#56844 - 09/15/02 12:40 AM Re: sunburns???
Muriel33 Offline
umm ok , Enigma says dont come .. the next note says there is breeze hmmm , a litle leary , help!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.