Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5693 10/03/00 10:11 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Just got off the phone with mother in law in San Ignacio. She had just gotten off the phone with her two sons in San Pedro. They toughed out the storm with Nellie Gomez at the Belize Laundry Mat in San Pedro. I guess they feared for their lives on more than one occasion during the storm and are thankful to be alive but they reported that they are out of food and water. My two year old neice is desparately in need of diapers as well. The boys claim there are no docks left which is making it difficult for boats to land.

Still raining in San Ignacio as well but I really didn't grasp whether the Macal River was rising or receding. I guess the river was up to the bottom of the Hawksworth bridge.

In any event it sound like the people out on the cayes are desperately in need of food, water, and diapers. Keep in mind that refridgeration will be at a premium as well so non perishables would be the order of day.

If I hear anything more I will report it at the first opportunity. Oh ya, and we owe Marty for the super human effort.

#5694 10/03/00 10:18 PM
Thanks Dan, glad to hear from Nellie.

#5695 10/03/00 10:22 PM
E
Eva Offline
E
Dear Dan,
I don't know if this will be any help to your family right now but my boyfriend and I are sending down a bunch of boxes with diapers (toddler size too) and other assorted baby/kid stuff. It won't be there until next Wednesday. We're sending it from Chicago to Charles Leslie in Houston who is bringing it down when he goes. If they still need some things please go to him. I beleive he will be with his cousins Vicki and Patty Arceo.
Sending lots of prayers and good wishes to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Eva Braverman and Wayne Sistrunk, Chicago USA

#5696 10/03/00 10:35 PM
S
S
JEFF should be there tomorrow with 23 suitcases full of stuff, and I know that he included DIAPERS in his cargo list.
(He must be married, 'cause he had "WOMEN'S STUFF" on his list too!)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#5697 10/05/00 12:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Dan,
Do you know if Charlie Leslie is related
to the Leslies associated with Hustler Dive
operations in San Pedro. We got acquainted with them when we were there. Would love to
have information on Billy, Martin, Gerald and
their families as well as their divers Vince,
Rickie, John, Nestor. Chad and Karen. I have
tried several sites and have received no answers. We also know Patty well and we are
glad to know that she is safe and well.,

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.