Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57136 - 09/25/02 07:34 PM New Web Site...
TravelinMan Offline
Not sure if this is a good thing, But maybe when some of you get a chance Please take a look at our new Web site at http://www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com and give me some feedback on what you think about the site.

#57137 - 09/25/02 10:42 PM Re: New Web Site...
Ernie B Offline
Looks pretty damn good ! I know the place very well, a friend lives there (or did). A very nice place to stay, Have a good season ! :p

#57138 - 09/26/02 12:48 AM Re: New Web Site...
Bobber Offline
Personally, I liked the photo on the old one, a little less clinical.

Is Steph still around?

#57139 - 09/26/02 01:25 AM Re: New Web Site...
seashell Offline
I think it looks good, very professional.

Have all of the twelve suites been spruced up to look like the suite pictured?

#57140 - 09/26/02 02:18 PM Re: New Web Site...
TravelinMan Offline
Thanks for the input. Jim and Steph are no longer in San Pedro. We are currently working on upgrades for all the suites. All units now have Central Air and new Paint Etc..... Should be done within about 2-3 weeks.

#57141 - 09/26/02 02:58 PM Re: New Web Site...
Bobber Offline
I liked the old photo looking over the pool towards the beach. Always got my heart beating a little faster and brought back good memories.
I liked Jim and Steph, but, that's the way things go.

#57142 - 09/26/02 06:31 PM Re: New Web Site...
susangg Offline
The page is OK, I would enlarge the pix if it was my page, they are a bit small. Or if you're worried about bandwidth (a valid concern) keep the thumbails but make them enlargeable on demand.

Now the part you are not going to like: It has to do with your Long Caye page. Bill Toonen's advertising splub is misleading in that it give the (erroneous) impression that he owns "Paradise Villas" (he doesn't, though he does own 12 of the 48 units there, apparently.) It also misleads viewers into thinking that said villas are a self contained "resort" and not individually owned condos (a distinction I am very specific about on my own page).

On a more serious note, I am chagrined to see timeshare disease coming to a condo development where I own two units. Timeshare is not, in my not so humble opinion, good for Belize. It does not encourage the kind of involved property ownership that brings benefits to the community as a whole. Timeshare owners do not maintain their property the way "real" owners do. They do not (in most cases, there may be exceptions) take the kind of personal interest in the community that makes them part of it.

Timeshare is mass tourism. Belize is not about mass tourism and should not try to be. Timeshare makes big bucks for the original owners but leaves a trail of unhappy people behind it.

Bummer....

#57143 - 09/26/02 07:14 PM Re: New Web Site...
Bobber Offline
Where did the timeshare come in? I didn't see any reference to it.

#57144 - 09/26/02 07:34 PM Re: New Web Site...
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Susan may be referring to the reference on Toonen's pages for his planned Blue Hole resort where it's stated that "following in Disney's footsteps" (yeah, right! Disney and Marriott's fling into timeshares have been a boon to timeshare marketing by all these little operators) the Paradise Villas and Blue Hole properties will be available as timeshares.

I'm with Susan. Time shares in Belize, which are totally unregulated and unsupervised, have had at best a checkered history. Most of them have ended up as big problems for buyers and developers. Avalon Reef Club and Basil Jones are just two examples.

Another marginal timeshare operation is about the last thing Belize -- or Long Caye or San Pedro -- needs.

--Lan Sluder

#57145 - 09/26/02 07:39 PM Re: New Web Site...
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
On the new Tradewinds Web site, I can only view the bottom half or so of the Web pages. I can't scroll up to top of the page, for some reason. I'm looking at the pages on a Mac, so maybe it's just a Mac thing.

--Lan Sluder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,284 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.