Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57683 - 10/03/02 02:52 PM Internet Access on AC
Hey Jude Offline
I will be in AC for the first time next March diving & having a great time for 13 days. I will also be enrolled in an online graduate course I must take during that time or fall behind. I hope to be ahead in my assignments, so I can just have fun. In case I must do some homework (with the brain cells that are not BELICAN'd), is there anyplace on AC with Internet access where I could surf into my course website? :rolleyes:

#57684 - 10/03/02 03:32 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
Richard Chambers Offline
Yes, most of the resorts are online and will usually let you do your stuff ,for a small fee of course.
There are some places in town that have rental online services too. cool

#57685 - 10/03/02 05:07 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
son of a son Offline
There is a place called Coconets that is located in town just around the corner from the Mayan Princess (off the beach) Okay rates but the coffee is great.

It's good to set up a hotmail or yahoo account before you go to receive e-mail. That's what we did and it worked out pretty good.

just a thought
One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!

#57686 - 10/04/02 10:03 AM Re: Internet Access on AC
Debbie Offline
I too used coconets while in San Pedro. It was nice to check in on my teens at home on a daily basis, and they thought it was cool to send messages to us. I thought the fee was VERY reasonable.

#57687 - 10/04/02 11:26 AM Re: Internet Access on AC
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
My son usually spends a small fortune at Island Internet south of town, located next door to El Patio, where Rock's II used to be. This summer I think they had a deal where you could buy a "membership" and get discounted access.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#57688 - 10/04/02 12:47 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
silkpainter Offline
There is a new internet cafe on Barrier Reef Drive called Caribbean Connection. Its where Kimara's Giftshop used to be, on the corner of where the water taxi dock is.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#57689 - 10/04/02 02:03 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
diveron Offline
If you are going need a lot of time online, I would try to make a deal up front, otherwise I think the going rate is $5US per hour. Also if you are an AOL customer I highly suggest setting up a hotmail acct. Aol can be very difficult to access in SP. I like Coconet in town, or the one Lan spoke of if you are staying south.

#57690 - 10/04/02 05:43 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
AndrewfromDC Offline
Actually, the easiest way to access AOL mail is to use any of the cybercafes for the connection and go to the aol.com web site and access your mail from there. That way you don't need to find a place with computers that run the AOL software.

#57691 - 10/04/02 07:46 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
Hey Jude Offline
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will be at the Seven Seas Resort and have no problem walking to the other side of town to make a quick Internet stop between sips of my favorite tropical rum drink of the day. laugh I do not use aol but simply surf to the school's web portal to access email, discussion boards, or participate in a live chat. $5/hour seems reasonable if the connection isn't too slow. I will definitely talk to the nice folks at Seven Seas about it as well.

#57692 - 10/06/02 10:30 PM Re: Internet Access on AC
Hey Jude Offline
Test new avatar picture. I am trying to get the hang of inserting a custom pic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, RedRover, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,740 Topics
461,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.