Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
bella Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My boyfriend and I are planning a very long trip, starting out in my home state of OR, driving the coastline of the Yucatan and finally making our way to Belize. We are planning on leaving in one year and plan to spend about 6 months exploring the Mexican coast line and Belize. I guess I am just looking to connect with other people that have a nomadic spirit and who have already made such a trek and may have some helpful tips. I spent the month of Feb. living/camping on the beach in Baja and loved it - now I have my sights set much higher. I am an explorer looking for an adventure. I am not interested in hotels or bringing my American customs with me, and hope to camp/live out of my truck for most of the trip. I am all the about the experience of being somewhere else. I have been reading lots about the geography and cities along the way and get more excited everyday. Any helpful information would be welcome, as well as maybe some friends to meet when we get there.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
nbever...never take yur bwaifren awi yu...

B
bella Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally posted by bella:
My boyfriend and I are planning a very long trip, starting out in my home state of OR, driving the coastline of the Yucatan and finally making our way to Belize. We are planning on leaving in one year and plan to spend about 6 months exploring the Mexican coast line and Belize. I guess I am just looking to connect with other people that have a nomadic spirit and who have already made such a trek and may have some helpful tips. I spent the month of Feb. living/camping on the beach in Baja and loved it - now I have my sights set much higher. I am an explorer looking for an adventure. I am not interested in hotels or bringing my American customs with me, and hope to camp/live out of my truck for most of the trip. I am all the about the experience of being somewhere else. I have been reading lots about the geography and cities along the way and get more excited everyday. Any helpful information would be welcome, as well as maybe some friends to meet when we get there.

B
bella Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So are you saying it is perfectly safe for a 25 year old girl to make this trip alone?

M
M
Bella - see www.geocities.com/bnibali/bz625.html
Its alittle old, but I thought it was a fun story from a couple of college guys who took the trip. Don't expect alot of useful replys from the "crew" that inhabit this message board. (Or contact me direct at [email protected])

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
smile

I'VE DROVE TO AND FROM CITY /BRITISH COLUMBIA,CANADA

IF YU RACE IT...3 DAYS...IF YOU VACATION IT... A WK....

AS FOR SAFETY:-

1-] NUH NID FI BRING YUR BWAIFREN
2-] AWAYS ...ALWAYS FEED DAH mQQse...if you happen upon one
3-] hire licenced guides fron any of the great dive shops....[i recomend "sea-rious" dive shop ]....they are great...
4-]obey belize laws
5-] party harty...
6-] enjoy the many fine musicians/music in San Pedro
7-]party harty
8-]eat lions club chicken [mQQse likes daht ]
9-]feed mQQse [you'll get thet warm fuzzy feeling all over]
10-]..................[you fill dat wahn in ]

B
bella Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the tips mQQse! I am assuming that you live there full time - true?

Bella,

That sounds like a great adventure.

Keep in mind that there aren't as many RV/trailer campgrounds in Belize or even in the Yucatan as in Baja, so you'll sometimes have to park at a hotel or elsewhere.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
B
bella Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the tip #6. I have been reading a book called Mexican Camping - very useful. Gives the GPS location and directions to hundreds of campgrounds along the way (including Belize), and what to expect there. It also covers things like border crossing and other useful info. It was written by a married couple who have made the trip a few different times. I am lucky to not be attempting to pull a trailer or drive an RV - just me, my truck with a shell, and a tent. I imagine there will be times when I will have to rent a room - but I'll take a palapa over a resortish hotel any day.

KBG Offline
Bella,
You sound like the type that will love Belize when you get there, lots of vary laid back people, lots of un-Americanized places. Be sure to plan plenty of time for Belize even though much smaller than Mexico. Lots of colorful locals and even more colorful Expats like the MQQse who will help you out on this board. Also there are some who frequent this board who have driven down to Belize from US. Good luck, why wait a year on this trip.
KBG laugh laugh laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.