Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#58387 - 10/27/02 09:34 AM trip report 10/8 - 10/15
kerry Offline
arrived in belize city and had to wait for our tropic air flight to san pedro...stopped in at jets bar at the airport there....he was so cute...kind of reminded me of a munchkin from the wizard of oz...lol! he signed a coaster for us, which was our first souvenir....the plane we flew on was much smaller than i anticipated...i had been on aloha airlines in hawaii, which i thought was small....but this took the cake!!!!it was a great flight...just don't sit in the back of the plane...very hot....up front, fans are going, but not in the back....carry a hat to fan yourself just in case....when we landed in san pedro, we caught a taxi to lily's....very nice room....frig, ac, fan....all the creature comforts....we just kind of got settled...then went to check out the town....ray, a waiter at lily's was kind enough to order a case of beliken for us and put us in touch with geraldo and justo on the el gato for a catamaran snorkel excursion. geraldo came by the same evening and we scheduled for thurs...wed. we went parasailing with fido's...rick and fernando were wonderful...took two cameras with us....they kept one with them, and we took one up with us....shots came out great...had heard about the street vendors....the one next to the street was recommended to also me as the best....ain't no lie!!!every time i passed by, had to get one...also met jonathan (bartender) at jaguars....he was very informative as to what to do, see, etc....lily's restaurant has the best lobster omelettes....totally decadent....and cholo's sports bar right next door, has the best panty rippers i had on the island....also the best price....see dready on that one!!!then on to the el gato catamaran....geraldo and justo were just great...supplied us with the best rum punch anywhere and the best day of snorkeling imaginable....did hol chan marine reserve and shark ray alley....underwater shots came out great!!!!then we met linda on wed. nite at the pier lounge....had to check out the chicken drop....too funny....linda became a good friend.....easy to talk with...etc...did a nite snorkel with fido's....fernando and tony were my guides....totally awesome....never did a nite snorkel before....totally different breed that comes out at nite....saw octopus, eel, conch lobster....tony actually caught 2 nice sized lobster off the ocean floor, and threw them on the boat...dinner for him and his wife....just too kool....the icing on the cake was on our last nite there....linda wanted to give us a going away present.....she set it up for me and my friend kathy to get a full body massage.....it was the ultimate sendoff....i cried when i had to face reality. turn in my hotel keys.and return to bullshit....i want to go back, and not return.....

#58388 - 10/27/02 04:05 PM Re: trip report 10/8 - 10/15
NYgal Offline
Thanks for sharing. smile

Another one bitten by the AC bug.

#58389 - 10/28/02 08:51 PM Re: trip report 10/8 - 10/15
snowbird Offline
Loved reading of your trip...Wow, sounds almost like my last time, brings all the memories back again. I totally agree w/the vendors for dinner (my personal fav), lobster omelets @ Lily's, Cholo's and Dready smile The night snorkel was awesome! And I absolutely love Geraldo & Justo and the cat. Glad you had such a great time!!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, wiley, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,043 Topics
462,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.