OK, somebody's gotta be the grinch that introduces a reality check into this fun conversation....the reality check is this: Caribbean/Central American countries are not the best places for a single gringa over the age of 30 (I am assuming you are not a teenie bopper, forgive me if I've erred) to troll for men. Your selections (with very very few exceptions) will be limited to:
1. Cute young local guys who are broke and (1) disgracefully close to the age of consent; or (2) looking for a nice gringa to support them; or (3) looking for a green card (and be aware that Belize has the highest AIDS rate in Central America and second highest in the Caribbean), and most of the infected don't have a clue.
2. Cute older local guys who are married, have several kids, and are broke;
3. Expats who have their pick of hundreds of young, nubile women looking for a gringo husband; if they aren't married already (the wife may be back home cooling her heels; expat wives tend to like Belize less than their husbands, for some reason...)
4. Partying vacationers who won't remember you 3 days after they get back home.
5. Friends (or worse, not-yet-Friends) of Bill who have a chain of failed marriages behind them and are not good at the commitment game, and are in perpetual danger of lapsing back into the evil rum. Alcoholism is endemic on AC in the expat community.
6. Cranky old farts you wouldn't want anyway.
I hate to say all these things and I am sure I will get some hate mail for doing so...but I have been watching the scene for years and this is what I see.
I suggest that while AC is a delightful (if expensive) place to live, your odds of finding a single, heterosexual, non-addicted, reasonably solvent, committment-oriented mate far far better in just about any state in the US. My advice to you is to be prepared by BYO. You could, of course, get lucky; its been known to happen. But the odds are not too good....be warned.