Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
or belize to cozumel? we plan on spending 2-3 weeks in cozumelmand in our time share in ambergris caye,any possibility of air fare or even a charter boat,i realize we could do it by land ,but would rather not.Any help would be appreciated,or if you can hook me up with a good travel agent I haven't hasd any luck so far.Of course the cheaper the better so we can spend more money in belize -----about july-aug of 03

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT...

MENZIES TOURS:-[out of corozal]
501-04-22725 FAX-501-04-23414

GREAT PEOPLE GOOD FREINDS....

ASK FOR HENRY OR JOAN....THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR NEEDS....

Ditto on Menzies. They did a very good job for me, and I enjoyed Henry and their bar as well while waiting.

Jim

**Jim
lots of info on that route at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help

under coming in by land

C
C
I made the trip from Cancun in Aug. and will make it again in 4 weeks. I think a private charter is the only way doable and it will probably cost you. At one point, there was a regular charter from Cancun to Chetumal, but that has stopped. Someone on this board (I believe they still live in Belize) was sure there was still a charter and was going to post information from his next trip to Chetumal. Well, I haven't seen the post yet, but maybe he will surface again and give some new information because I would certainly be interested. The cost of the old charter from Cancun to Chetumal was $250 US (to give you some idea). You probably could get a non direct flight, but it would probably take you to Mexico City first and take just as much time as by road. If you need more information on the road trip just post.

Nate

The easiest and cheapest way is simply to take the ferry from Coz to Playa (about an hour), a taxi to the ADO bus station, then an ADO bus(4 hours 15 min)to Chetumal, then Novelo's bus to Corozal, and from there either fly (four or five non-stop flights a day on both Maya Island and Tropic Air) to San Pedro, or take the daily Thunderbolt ferry.

The whole trip will cost less than US$75 even if you fly from Coro.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this fall)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize -- sold out, new edition coming early 2003
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists -- sold out, new edition coming early 2003
Best Hotels of Belize -- coming late 2002

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.