Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello all,

I've been reading the message board and am very happy about all the great information and about the wonderful opinions so many people have about AC. It makes me think my fiancee and I have made the right choice in deciding to get married on the caye.

Now that I've got some positive reinforcement on that issue, maybe I can find some on the whole planning stage. There is a lot to think about and AC is a long way from DC, so I appreciate the help.

Are there any spots particularly conducive to a simple ceremony? We were thinking on the beach at our hotel, but there must be lots of interesting locales on the island.

What about hotels? If the expected family and friends come for the big event, there will be 5-15 of us, with possibly two children (4, 6). We would like a spot with a variety of expense levels, with a beach where the people (the children) can go into the water without worrying about sea grass, and close to, but not in, San Pedro Town. We've done some internet research and had considered, in no particular order, Corona del Mar, Bananas, and Tropica Belize.

Is there a person on the island who officiates at such services? We are planning on getting our own license before getting to AC (we'll be in the jungle for a few days to meet the three day requirement). We'd also like a little cake, some champagne and a bridal bouquet.

The wedding will be in mid-February. Are there any weather concerns at that time? I've read AC can get windy. So windy we wouldn't want the sand in our eyes on the beach?

It seems a lot of people just buy plane tickets to the island upon arrival in Belize. Are there usually a good number of seats available?

I'm sure there are other issues I am not thinking of, and advice about them would be welcome. I certainly appreciate your comments about anything you think we should know. I'm looking forward to being on AC, and to reading your responses. Thanks.

D
dms Offline
D
You might want to check into Victoria House. www.victoria-house.com I've heard that they do great weddings there.

Regarding accommodations, Banana Beach would be a good choice for a mixed group, since it has a wide variety of accommodations from regular rooms at a very attractive rate to four-bedroom suites and about everything in between. Some of the other condotels also would work, but Banana Beach has a wider range of units and prices.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I recommend the Caribe Island Resort. I know the lady and gentleman that run it personally, and know they would bend over backwards to accomodate you. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are VERY nice and I think that there are numerous options as far as suites, rooms, etc. They have a very nice pool and restaurant, that could serve your neeeds and the pool has tons of kids toys and games. It has it's own pier and the beach is wide and very clean. It's just a bit of a golf cart ride into town. So it's secluded and private. I know a couple that honeymooned there and they were very happy. I had my birthday bash there, and it was AWESOME!!!! The party was larger than what you mentioned your wedding party would be, and they had NO PROBLEM making it spectacular. Even had BBQ on the beach. I think you should check it out.
Debbie

I agree -- Caribe Island Resort would be another good choice that offers a variety of accommodations in size and price.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I checked Victoria House and it seems a bit dear for our current situation. I'll look into the other soon.

I know I put a long list of questions out there and I appreciate your time in sharing your knowledge.

try caribe island resort. they offer condos with kitchenettes from 3 bedroom lofts to efficiencies. they have a pool, bar & secluded beach. i had my kids, 5 & 7, there in june.

here is a pic:

http://www.pbase.com/image/3897018

oops! didnt even read debbie's reply (i was ATthat party smile ).

i think the website is

http://www.caribeisland.com

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Greetings Peregrino!!
Please email me at [email protected]
and I will be happy to answer any of your questions. We do many weddings at the resort, and would love to be your "home in Paradise".

Thanks you guys for the kind words!!!

L
L
Just emailed you Vicki. We are looking for a great place to stay in December. We already have the flight booked. We want to do a couple of tours on the mainland a do a little diving, river rafting or kayaking, and visit a Mayan ruin...... and hike the medicine trail if we have time..... We want to visit, not rest!!! Ages are... 55 down to 14..... help! thanks, karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.