Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58695 - 11/05/02 10:52 PM Seeking Guidance About Beauty
Woodsprite Offline
Hello, All. I like that picture (and name) of Lan Sluder--looks like a genyooine old-school reporter. I'm a journalist, taking a break from the deadline push, with basic questions. My sweetie and I want to go to Belize over Christmas and New Years. Our new travel agent says we're way too late for the deluxe accomodations Michael prefers, and simple/clean is fine with me. I want mellow, not formal. What we really want, besides AC and internet access for him, is to snorkel and see birds, Nature! We're fit, aged 40 and 45, youthful spirits. Agent (who admits she doesn't know much if anything about Belize) says her source reports that the only place left for a week or so at this time is the Sunbreeze. We're not divers--though maybe we could take a course--wonder if this is the right choice for us. I did briefly scope reader reviews at Lan's BelizeFirst; it sounds okay--not great, but okay. I'm concerned it's going to be loud, too close to madding crowds. Anybody know it well enough to say? Can y'all give any guidance of whether we should go for this, at this rather late date for Christmas holiday, or do more e-searching and phoning on our own (next week, after deadline). Thank you very much; how nice that some of you really know this Island and others. Woodsprite (aiming to play Seanymph)

#58696 - 11/05/02 11:09 PM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
tincup Offline
Have stayed at Sunbreeze, and although very popular with some, I did find it noisy. They get a fair amount of divers who don't seem to mind. I was impressed with the room size and it is close to everything (including the airstrip).
You might want to check for alternatives with some of the travel agents that specialize in Belize.

#58697 - 11/06/02 12:39 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
susangg Offline
Our one bedroom Christmas booking just cancelled aa few days ago, and as of right now, its still open. If you are interested in a one bedroom condo you can visit my home page at www.ambergriscaye.com/paradisevillas/index.html
Its true that most places book up way in advance for the holidays, but cancellations do occur....

#58698 - 11/06/02 02:06 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
GRAFFICE Offline
I'D HIGHLY RECO TRACKING DOWN BARB K OF BARBSBELIZE.COM SHE'LL HAVE SOME IDEAS DUANE

#58699 - 11/06/02 02:29 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
Ernie B Offline
Hey Wood, check out Susans place. I know it and think you would like it.

#58700 - 11/06/02 02:43 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
Bobber Offline
Ditto on the Paradise Villas. Much more than clean/simple. A lovely relaxing place 10 minutes beach stroll from anything you might want.

#58701 - 11/06/02 02:59 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
sweetjane Offline
i used barb k at barb's belize. she will find you something if you cant on your own. i bet susan's place is nice, give her a try smile

#58702 - 11/06/02 03:16 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
seashell Offline
I like Paradise Villas too. Great location, very nice grounds, a refreshing little pool. You'll like it much more than the Sunbreeze, I'm sure. It's just around the corner from a grocery store too.

Last year around this time, I was trying to find acco. And there were many cancellations, so one day I couldn't find anything and the next, I had my pick. However, I still dilly-dallied around until I ended up with no acco for New Year's eve night. Fortunately, I had friends and slept in their room that one night.

So what I'm trying to tell you here is, don't fool around. If this is really what you want to do, make your reservations now!

#58703 - 11/06/02 04:36 AM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
patrick-e Offline
Paradise Villas is a great place, their pool is one of the nicer ones on the island! And definitely close to town. Just 5 - 10 minutes from all shops and restaurants in San Pedro! Try SusanGG, sounds like a great opportunity.

#58704 - 11/06/02 04:33 PM Re: Seeking Guidance About Beauty
Debbie Offline
DEFINATELY a thumbs up on Paradise Villas!! Very nice and very convenient. I would also check into Caribe Island Resort. More secluded and quiet... NICE beach.
Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.