Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#58867 - 11/09/02 09:52 PM FIRST TIMER!
HiltonHeadSandlapper Offline
I am heading to AC for the first time this Dec. My parents, aunt and uncle, and cousins have been going down for 5 or 6 years. My aunt and uncle recently finished a house on the beach in the Tres Coco area (near Palapa Bar) and that is where my wife and I and another couple will be staying.

I have been reading the recent post and learning a lot. I have gathered from my family that Captain Morganís is a great place, Capricorn for dinner, Sweet Basil for lunch; Elviís is a must as well as Ramons.

I just wanted to get some other good ideas from you guys. We are all 25 years young and love the beach and water. I know we will do a lot of fishing and other water sports, but was hoping you could let us in on some MUST DO things for our first trip.

Thanks for your help.

#58868 - 11/09/02 10:11 PM Re: FIRST TIMER!
MamaLiz Offline
IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL:
Remove your shoes and procede to the nearest source of Belikan/Coconut Rum; with drink in hand look out at the water and inhale deeply.
Next, pinch yourself, you are not dreaming; this is paradise. cool
OK, then you can arrange your snorkle trip to Shark-Ray Alley, learn to Scuba, hit BC's for the beach bar-b-que, bet on the Chicken Drop and learn to dance Punta at the Barefoot Iguana.

#58869 - 11/09/02 10:56 PM Re: FIRST TIMER!
Chloe Offline
All the above are great, but add these.
Stop at Popular Bakery and buy a loaf of cinnamon bread, several squares of bread pudding and coconut tarts, before you head out to where you are staying.
Fido's any night or to catch Barefoot Skinny and Cat 7, shows.
Caliente's for soups at lunch time. Dinner is good too.
Rent a golf cart for 1/2 day to tour San Pedro and South.
Check out Elizabeth's fine jewelry at Fido's.
Palapa Bar close to where your are staying is good on Sunday Afternoon.

#58870 - 11/10/02 12:21 AM Re: FIRST TIMER!
KathyA Offline
I will be a first timer also come May 31st. Tonight I'm headed out to a Mid-GA Dive Association Seafest party. I am just learning to dive. They normally go to Cozumel at Thanksgiving...maybe I can convert them!

#58871 - 11/10/02 02:05 AM Re: FIRST TIMER!
Anonymous
THERES A RUMOR THET ''SNEAKY ROADY'' MAY BE SINGING ON STAGE AGAIN ..IN SAN PEDRO... IN THE NEAR FUTURE

ASK `ROUND ....YU JUST MIGHT GETTA CHANCE TO LISTEN TO SOM ''SNEAKY'' VOCALS..

#58872 - 11/10/02 03:04 AM Re: FIRST TIMER!
Chloe Offline
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE, Sneaky is coming out of retirement, to entertain us with his majestic voice.........NOT TO BE MISSED.
Do tell what are the dates????

#58873 - 11/10/02 05:31 AM Re: FIRST TIMER!
Anonymous
word is it depends on how well moose does awi di ''pre-paid'' gigolo biz

so...gals mek dem rangmenzz...

#58874 - 11/12/02 04:25 PM Re: FIRST TIMER!
HiltonHeadSandlapper Offline
Thanks guys for you input. I was reading some of the other post that talked about How Much Cash. If my wife and I eat at these places that you have talked about and also try to eat at our house ever once and a while what amount and I looking at spending per day. We might have a few drinks as well, so I guess I am looking for a round number.

Thanks.

#58875 - 11/12/02 06:57 PM Re: FIRST TIMER!
Chloe Offline
After several trips, I still say $100.00US per day, per person, is a comfortable amount. Even those house meals will cost you, out of that $100.00 per day per person.
Hey if you can do it on less per day, you can go home with money, no problem.....hahaha.

#58876 - 11/13/02 12:39 AM Re: FIRST TIMER!
pkate98 Offline
I'm also a first-timer going in January. This past Sunday I was finally cetified to Dive and I am so ready for Belize! I definately am going to check out shark-ray alley and Hol Chan. I have heard cave tubing is pretty exciting also. There are a couple dive sites I read about that I would like some opinions on. These are: Pillar corals, Long Caye Lighthouse, and Cypress Gardens. cool

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (tazh2o), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.