Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58912 - 11/12/02 09:18 AM Wedding in February, Help!
Fish2 Offline
My fiancé and I are getting married on Ambergris Caye in February but can't seem to find a place that can offer us what we are looking for. We want something simple for a small group, on the beach, an official to perform the wedding, a cake, a small bridal bouquet, some champagne. Everyone we write to wants to give us more than we are looking for including the papers although we have been clear that we will have the license when we arrive. We were hoping to get a package at a hotel to do this but haven't had much luck.

Do any of you know if it is possible to put a wedding together without the help of a hotel? Are the beaches public, can we marry anywhere? We've been told that there is a J.P. on the island but all the packages that we have seen require round trip flights, hotel accommodations, etc. Do any of you know the name/contact information of the J.P.?

Advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

#58913 - 11/12/02 09:52 AM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
rickcheri Offline
Hey guys,
Claudio at Southwind, can help you all, you can contact him at Southwind@Btl.net
Also check with Kim at the Holiday Hotel, I think they can help you with your wedding, they are in the middle of town and are right on the beach.
Hope this helps,

#58914 - 11/12/02 12:07 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
We host many weddings at the Caribe Island Resort. It sounds like we have everything you are looking for.
Please contact me at vicki@caribeisland.com

#58915 - 11/12/02 12:11 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
Fish2 Offline
Greetings Vicki,

We've written to you twice and haven't had any response. Perhaps we are miscommunicating?

#58916 - 11/12/02 12:51 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
I just got your email and wrote you back! Sorry for the delay.

#58917 - 11/12/02 02:29 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
d-jon Offline
Fish@ another person to contact is Rocio at the Blue Tang Inn she does a great job of a organizing wedding and her price is not bad at all.
Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at djones@btl.net

#58918 - 11/12/02 03:34 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
Sunny Tropics Offline
Did you get our email? Because we can offer you just what you want with no extra charges.

#58919 - 11/12/02 04:35 PM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
Sunny Tropics Offline
The wedding cake costs $50US. The bridal bouquet
is $25US. The wedding ceremony costs $100US. The champgne costs $25US but you can get it and bring it cheaper with you from the U.S. The total would then be $200US with you getting the license on your own.

#58920 - 11/13/02 12:44 AM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
tonya&les Offline
Congratulations!!! My fiance and I will be getting married in 2004 in belize. We want to start booking and figuring out a date and what hotel very soon so we can take care of the kinks by March. Does anyone have an idea of how much the liscence costs. I like those prices. We're looking for something inexpensive and small. Again good luck on your search!!

#58921 - 11/13/02 08:52 AM Re: Wedding in February, Help!
Fish2 Offline
Congratulations. The wedding license fee is $100 US and can be picked up on Belmopan or Belize City. One of you has to be in country 3 full days before you can apply for your license. Check out this website: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/marriage.html Good luck! :p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 80 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.