Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58943 11/12/02 11:35 AM
R
rvargas Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am arriving to San Pedro on November 29,2002 and Departing on December 15,2002;

I will be going with my wife and 1.5 year old son; Me and my wife are 35;

We are staying at Coconuts; Is the beachfront off of Coconuts nice and safe?

Was this a good choice for staying with the family? Is it safe for my son? He loves music and ocean; Me and my wife would love to see some jungle; Can he go - my son? - On the tours.

Can anyone recommend a guide to shows us fun jungle areas and pyrmids?

#58944 11/12/02 01:11 PM
I have seen several tourist couples with their baby in San Pedro, but did note each had grand parents with them, to help with the baby, especially when the couple wanted to do tours.

I am sure the Coconut beach is safe. But I would watch the baby closely. Remember the dogs walk the beach too, and leave behind feces. Wash your baby really good when leaving the beach.

If your baby has a sensitive system, may not be the best vacation place. Remember new foods and water. Also the sun is intense, must use alot of protection.

Jungle......personally I would not take a baby to the jungle area, but I am a preventive person, not a risk taker with babies.

Best wishes on your vacation.

Dare To Deviate
#58945 11/12/02 01:36 PM
S
S
Just returned from a wedding on the island with a 9 week old baby. Have never done the Jungle Tour thing but did a trip to the Mayan Ruins at Lamanai a couple of years ago. I believe that Coconuts is the South of town and there's not much around except beach combing. If you rent a golf cart and take trips to town you'll probably enjoy that. My guess is that the 1.5 year old will probably tire easily so a backpack carrying device with plenty of sunscreen and hats will probably come in useful. Remember the sun is pretty powerful down there and you don't want to ruin your vacation. Caution from the sun and anticipating a tired child and you should enjoy yourselves. Ambergris Divers is located near Coconuts and they can set you up with a snorkel trip that you'll enjoy and I believe that they can arrange a Jungle Tour for you. The owners have a 2 yr. old son and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have in that regard. email Karen @ [email protected]. and enjoy your stay.

SARA ALLEN
#58946 11/12/02 03:10 PM
Be sure to take your son to Boca Del Rio, the children's park. They have nice shallow water and lots of kids.
A day trip to the Belize Zoo might be a nice jungly diversion for you.
Enjoy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.