Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
If you want to Dive Blue Hole, try this,...dive the close sites just outside the reef for the first two days...most bring you to 100'. Thats 6 dives in two days...then take the overnight trip to Blue Hole..you will love it...I did it two years ago. I was alittle rusty the first day, by the second I felt comfortable at depth. Blue Hole was a major head rush, kinda like climbing Mount Fuji in Japan.
The dives on the way to and from Blue Hole were unreal.
Here's the link to my trip....
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article9.html

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Best dive I did so far was The Elbow! Going to do the Blue Hole with my son in May. I dived with Amigos, but they did not have a bathroom on boat. Can anyone tell me who goes out there wtih a potty? I was dying to pee on the trip back and it was torture!
Thanks

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
Zeke, the new 48'cruiser that Amigo's has does their Blue Hole trip and not only does it have a head, it quite comfortable. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

PK
Congratulations. It sounds like you know your limitations. You don't need to make a decision to do or not to do the Blue Hole until you have been in Belize for a few days.
As has been said before, dive the reef for a few days and you and your dive master can evaluate your readiness for advanced diving. Some of us are not interested in the Blue Hole. You might decide that a trip to Turneff would suit your needs. It is a little closer and a little less money. As with Lighthouse, it is an all day trip with 3 tank dives. I love going there. laugh

I would recommend Hustlers as they do reef and atoll diving. If you do multiple days diving with them they will give you a discount. Billy Leslie is the dive operations manager and one of the best dive masters on the island.

When are you going?

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I believe that most of the operators that go to the Atolls as well as local diving will offer a discount for blocks of dives and then the later trip out to the Atolls.

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ScubaLDY:
We will be going Jan.13-20. I am very excited and am ready to dive. What I am interested in seeing are sea-life like coral and colorful fish. I know that I have to take a trip over to shark-ray alley one day.

pka8, Cypress is one of my favorites for corals and little fishies. I also really like Pillar for the pillar corals of course, they are like castles down there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.