Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#59273 - 11/21/02 08:10 AM Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
artspeaks Offline
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to San Pedro and would like to stay at a luxury Hotel/Resort on the Island. I am currently looking at Portofino and Mata Chica, which both look very nice.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have information on these hotels and other nice hotels in the area.

Thanks.

#59274 - 11/21/02 08:22 AM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
Mexicana Offline
Hola Art,

So is this your first trip to Belize?? From the sound of your signon name you are an Art-lover? You will find Belize to be the perfect subject for any kind of ART....painting,pottery,photography, YOU NAME IT!!
Myself I don't think getting the perfect lodging is the key...getting out there and experiencing the Island,Sea,Nature, And most important THE PEOPLE!! ENJOY!

#59275 - 11/21/02 08:32 AM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
artspeaks Offline
Hola Mexicana,

Yep, that's exactly why I chose the name artspeaks - It's clever of you to realize that my name is not "Art" (many people make that mistake). I especially love Mexican, Southwestern and tribal Art and I collect Huichol Yarn Paintings.

Are you living currently in Belize? This will be our fist trip to San Pedro and we are looking forward to it. Any suggestions for hotels are appreciated.

#59276 - 11/21/02 04:05 PM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
Sandy C Offline
Recommend you check out Caribbean Villas Hotel in San Pedro via "Lodging" on this site - only 10 suites/rooms on 2 acres of land with a bird sanctuary. Co-owner Susan is an excellent artist on the island and she can also guide you to local artists. If you are spending time on the mainland, recommend you check out Banana Bank Lodge via their web site; co-owner Carolyn is considered one of the best artists in Central America.

#59277 - 11/21/02 05:29 PM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
Marty Offline
i'm lucky. i have some of susan's watercolors on my walls!!!!

and work from orlando garrido, and katrina samuels, and iguana jack.....

so much good artistry in San Pedro...

#59278 - 11/21/02 07:32 PM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
artspeaks Offline
Thanks for the responses. Carribean Village looks beautiful, but it does not have a pool. Actually, it looks as though most of the hotels don't have pools. Any opinions on Portofino or Mata Chica?

#59279 - 11/21/02 08:15 PM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Actually, about one-half of the hotels and condotels on the island now do have pools, and a number that don't are adding them. I personally think it won't be long before it will be a necessity for any hotel on the island above the budget level to have a pool:

Here's a list of hotels (may have missed a couple) with pools, listed roughly from north to south:

Playa Blanca, Avalon, SunDiver, Journey's End, Essene Way, Captain Morgan's, White Sands Cove, El Pescador, Belizean Shores, Seven Seas, Blue Tang Inn, Paradise Villas, AquaMarina Suites, SunBreeze, The Palms, Ramon's Village, Belize Yacht Club, Hideaway, Exotic Caye, Xanadu, Villas at Banyan Bay, Tropica, Banana Beach (two pools), Mata Rocks, Royal Palm Villas, Victoria House, Caribe Island Resort and Sunset Beach. Also, nearby: Cayo Espanto (individual splash pools) and Caye Chapel Golf Resort. At present, no hotel on Caye Caulker has a pool.

--Lan Sluder

#59280 - 11/22/02 03:41 AM Re: Hotels/Resorts on San Pedro
Pedro1 Offline
In my opinion the three top hotels outside of town are Victoria House,Mata Chica and Portofino.My personal choice is Portofino as I love staying in their suites (I live on the island).They also arranged a fantastic birthday Bar-b-que for my dog Charlie,who had many friends,canine and human in attendance

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Judyann H., BrownDogs, azbob, steeplejack, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,314 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.