Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#59349 - 11/22/02 06:46 PM In and out in one day
ntrpriz1701e Offline
I am coming in on a cruise ship for a day into Belize City (obviously). I want to spend the day up in Ambergris Caye, some snorkeling, sun and beach, and shopping in San Pedro. I figured the best way to make the day as full as possible would be to take Tropic Air from Belize Municipal airport to San Pedro. This would allow for about 2 more hours of time vs the water taxi. So now that I am in San Pedro...who to use to provide a good trip to Shark Alley (or general snorkelling and beach fun) and fit it into my 4-5 hours in the Ambergris area....

Thanks for your insight... confused

#59350 - 11/22/02 10:55 PM Re: In and out in one day
Sandy C Offline
Great guide with people and fish is Alfonso Graniel, Li'l Alfonse - you can check him out via this web site's "Goods & Services" - he's near the top under "Pick an Island Site" menu. You can hire him to take you to several sites around the island - his prices are quite reasonable. Recommend you book him in advance since you will be arriving by cruise ship. Good idea for Tropic to the island to buy yourself more time. Happy trip.

#59351 - 11/24/02 12:02 AM Re: In and out in one day
Barry Offline
I'll be doing the very same. Rhapsody,I presume? What sailing date? I'm on Dec. 15th. Done the Tropic Air many times, 1st out of Muni though, Share a cab? If on same cruise.

#59352 - 11/24/02 02:50 AM Re: In and out in one day
ACfan Offline
If I had only 4-5 hours to spend on Ambergris Caye, I'd probably just sit down and cry and wonder why I booked a cruise instead of just loving life for a week in San Pedro.

I totally agree on the recommendation for 'Lil Alphonse, but, it can be difficult to get hold of him because he doesn't check email very often....

#59353 - 11/24/02 09:30 AM Re: In and out in one day
Diane Campbell Offline
Amigos del Mar dive shop has many boats, good dive masters and you can pretty easily walk in and hop on a snorkel trip - Hol Chan / Shar-Ray Alley trips leave at 9 am and 2 pm.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 106 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.