Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#59583 11/30/02 02:23 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Going to AC for the first time in about a week. Figured we will be tired when we get in after all the flights and might want to just get some take out food and eat in. Suggestions? We are staying in San Pedro near paradise Villas. BTW, thanks everyone for all the suggestions for 5 best restaurants a while back.

#59584 11/30/02 02:31 PM
Jade Garden would have to be the best, and they also can deliever to you hotel. We have used them before and the food comes hot and fresh!!! Rick

#59585 11/30/02 03:09 PM
S
S
Forget the Jade Garden unless you like very BLAND chinese food which you can get anywhere in the US (and its expensive too!) Plus its way north.

The place for delicious take out is the main street in front of the park, where all the ladies have their little takeout stands. Yum yum, homemade REAL Belizean food and cheap too! You can get a heaping plate of stewed chicken rice and beans for five bucks and the Mexican food is fabulous too. (And yes, its safe).

On the north end of town, Papi's Diner will give you food to go, very reasonable.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#59586 11/30/02 03:15 PM
L
L
Papi's is great. A favorite with the locals is Master Lee, good fried chicken and chinese food. Very reasonable. Ambergis Delight will also deliver Pizza and it is great. You can also pick up burritos at B.C.'s and they are very good.Some places don't deliver, but you could have a cab pick it up for you and bring it to your condo. If you do that you can call an order in just about anywhere.

R.B. Mernitz
#59587 11/30/02 05:54 PM
Sorry Susan...have to disagree this time.
Jade Garden is not way north. Maybe you are thinking of some place else.

Jade Garden is south of the Island Supermarket and the San Pedro Distributors....just before you get to the Belize Yatch Club...on the left-hand side of the road. By cab it's $5bz each way...I'm not sure if they would deliver personally...but I'm sure they would work something out for you.
Your hotel can contact them for you.

They have excellent curry...get the mild unless you like it REALLY hot! eek
The egg rolls are to die for!...and that's no lie.
Not your typical tiny rolled up hard eggroll.
These are hand made fresh every order and they come two to an order....almost a meal in itself.
They are about the size of a small burrito.
They don't just have chinese either...they have all kinds of food....seafood and some of the better beef you will find on the island...served with baked potatoes and salad, etc.
The wonton soup is good too. It's also very reasonable...NOT expensive. As a matter of fact...out of all the places in San Pedro...it's one of my favorite choices...and that was when I lived there and was on a Belizean budget.

Papi's, Caliente's, Jambel Jerk, Reef Restaurant...all are good. You should be able to get a cab to go get the food for you if they won't deliver. Shark's bar has some good pizza as well. Pizza everywhere on the island is pricey, but that is due to the high cost of the ingredients used. Cheese and Pepperoni are outrageous in the grocery stores.

For breakfast check out Manuel's Tropical takeout right across the street from the Tropic Air terminal. Great breakfast.
Celi's sit down restaurant on the beach next to the Holiday Hotel has good lunch deals. Closed on Wednesdays though for the beach BBq preparation. They do a great Beach BBQ every wednesday starting around 6pm.

Rubies has good breakfast and lunch choices too.
Kind of a gathering place for the locals in the early morning hours.

Have a great trip! smile

#59588 11/30/02 08:53 PM
Thank you Sandshaker. I was about to give Susan a nudge when your answer popped in. The best damn chinese food on AC, and much less than � mile south of town. Susan has to be mistaking Jade Garden for who knows what.

Jim

**Jim
#59589 11/30/02 09:16 PM
I have to second the thumbs up on the Jade Garden -- especially the great spring rolls.
The Reef (on middle street) makes good Shrimp Bergers.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#59590 11/30/02 11:38 PM
O
O
Ambergris Delight delivers the full menu, could you imagine sitting in your room and have a baked potato and lobster tails, delivered. Gee, we dont even have that.

#59591 12/01/02 10:37 AM
Elvi's Kitchen delivers also.

#59592 12/01/02 12:17 PM
S
S
Whoops, as several people have pointed out, I got my norths and souths confused. Jade Garden is south not north.

We have not been there in years; when we last went (twice) the food was very bland and dull, and consisted of just Chinese food. It was your basic California strip mall Chinese takeout class.

From what I am reading, there is a new menu and a new chef, so we'll try it again on our next visit. Restaurants do change over time, some get better, some get worse.

But I still say the best take out is the ladies with the lean-to food stands on Barrier Reef Drive!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.