Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#59995 - 12/11/02 12:48 AM Private House Honeymoon??
banael Offline
Hello-

We are planning our honeymoon in Belize for April 2003. We would like to rent a private home south of San Pedro or at least below the "cut". If we could find something with a pool that would be ideal. Brianna's Beach house looks really nice but it does not have a pool.

We like the idea of being totally alone so we are leaning towards a house and not a hotel and would love to find something under $1000 for a week.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also we are thinking about staying at Ek Tun in Cayo for 2 nights and then doing the "Tikal Extension" for 2 nights. Any thoughts or experience on this?

Thank you! smile

#59996 - 12/11/02 08:11 PM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
FAMILYTRIP Offline
Hi banael
Check out Casatortuga.com- It is a private house about 2 miles south of town. It has a large house and than there is a smaller "villa" called the Eagle's nest. I here it is nice for honeymoons. They have a new pool by the larger house so I don't know if that is offered to people staying at the Eagle's nest. I am staying there Jan4-11th, so I can tell you how it really is when I get back. All information is on their website. It has alot of pics. FAMILYTRIP

#59997 - 12/12/02 08:16 PM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
snowbird Offline
I can't tell you much about EkTun, tho what I have read gives it good marks. I would definitely go for the 2-day to Tikal - what a place! We could only spend 1 day there last Feb but really wished for at least 2. It is awesome!!

#59998 - 12/13/02 03:52 AM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
Sandy C Offline
Do both sunset and sunrise on the temples at Tikal - awesome sun and animals. Suggest you take some warm clothes there - it can get pretty chilly (50's) if a cold front comes through.

#59999 - 12/14/02 04:44 AM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
Suew Offline
Two or three nights at Ek Tun would be fabulous. They have only 2 cottages in a gorgeous natural environment. The owner, Phyllis, is a marvelous hostess and chef and will pamper your or not--as much or as little as you please. But, the views across black rock and the river and the quiet are the makings of a superb romantic retreat. I think it's great--

#60000 - 12/16/02 04:14 PM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
highspeed Offline
I am aware of a place that meets that description.
go to www.grumpyandhappy.com and look at the page under accomodations.

#60001 - 12/28/02 04:49 AM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
aj Offline
I know you mentioned south but this place is REALLY spectacular
http://www.paradisepalace.org/

#60002 - 12/28/02 08:04 AM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
Beachy Offline
call on Caye Management, they have a lot of properties to choose from, they have helped me many times in the past.
www.cayemanagement.com/

chris

#60003 - 12/28/02 06:47 PM Re: Private House Honeymoon??
denverdan Offline
I might suggest you look under Caye Management, there is a home there that might fit your needs called Casa Plata. (IF L&T are not there at time)
It has a small splash pool as well.

We stayed at Paradise Palace and although it is very very lovely the pool was not up and working till the day before we were leaving, there are no screens on the doors or windows, which is not a problem unless the ACs are not working which in our case only two of the bedrooms had working ACs. All those BR's and the kids got to bunk with each other. lol Otherwise... yep it's REAL nice!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.