Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60447 12/25/02 02:10 AM
OP Offline
Hello: I'll be in AC in February and want to do my open water dives for certification there (will have all of the pool and book stuff done). Can anyone suggest a good dive shop/instructor?

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the board. There are many good dive shops and instructors on Ambergris Caye, and all are registered tour operators.

I suggest you contact a couple of them for rates and times or instruction.

Here are a couple of web site links:

Amigos del Mar-
http://www.amigosdive.com/index.html

Barefoot Diving-
http://barefootwatersports.net/

Hope this helps,
Jim

**Jim
S
S
Merry Christmas! People I recommended Amigos del Mar to were very happy with their certification instruction and certification dives. Happy diving...

Billy Leslie at Hustler's is one of the finest instructors on the island. Their pier is located at the south end of town (by the Blue Tang Inn and Paradise Villas) however, they will pick you up at any dock.
Capt. Morgan's uses their dock as their departure site and Wet Willy's wink bar and grill is on the end of the dock. It's fun to do the two tank morning dive with Hustler's as you can get a good lunch as soon as you get back.
One of the things I liked about diving with them is that I could leave all my gear with them and it would be dry and on the boat ready for me the next morning.
Good luck.
cool Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I second the recommendation of Billy Leslie and Hustler Tours. By the way, they are located at the north end of the San Pedro, but south of the cut. We received our advanced open water certificaion from Billy last year, and he is great!

Ditto on Billy at Hustler or the guys at Barefoot watersports!

here's a list of dive shop operators, feel free to contact any of them:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/diving/

OP Offline
Thanks for the help everyone!

I've never seen a post that was negative toward a shop or instructor. We've always liked Roberto Canul with Ambergris Divers. When my wife was certified by him he was with Aqua Dives. Where are you staying? There may be a shop on the grounds. It seems like all the shops will pick you up and drop you off wherever you want and I know that Ambergris Divers and Aqua Dives will also take care of your gear during your stay.

R
R
Amigos Del Mar...only way to fly underwater!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.