Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#60473 - 12/26/02 01:41 AM 5 best restaurants in AC
SeaMolly Offline
Asked a while back for opinions of the 5 best restaurants in AC and thanks everyone for the replies. Just returned from first trip to AC and found most recommendations to be on target. As predicted, Estelles was great for breakfast and we liked eating at Fidos and jambel Jerk pit in the evening. Sweet Basil was worth the walk and yes, the shrimp salad is to kill for! We thought we would have to actually seek out the beans and rice national dish - couldn't get away from it... and came to enjoy it. Loved the country too - the reef and Lamani. Looking at the heavy snow falling tonight in Boston reminds us of what a gem Belize is - nice weather (except the mosquitos!!!)unspoiled and filled with some awfully friendly people who are justifiably prod of their country.

#60474 - 12/26/02 01:54 AM Re: 5 best restaurants in AC
Sandcrab Offline
So happy you had a real nice time. Thanks for sharing and thanks for saying we were on target.

Jim

#60475 - 12/29/02 01:46 AM Re: 5 best restaurants in AC
loosha2000 Offline
Hi, We'll be arriving in Ambergris Caye in two weeks and I'm new to the message board and would love to know what the top 5 restaurants were. Did you visit all 5? Would you recommend any additional places? What did you do for adventures? We want to visit Tikal, do the cave tubing trip, snorkel, sunset cruise. Open to any suggestions. We'll be there from the 11th to the 25th. Hope the weather improves. How bad are the mosquitos--I'm allergic. Thanks for any help.

#60476 - 12/29/02 02:46 AM Re: 5 best restaurants in AC
Grace Offline
I've just got to say this.....the mosquitoes aren't bad at all....if there's a breeze, and it's not too hot. If the air is still and it's hot , the mosquitoes can be bad, but NOT if you're on the shore....if you're one street over, that's another story. Be prepared for either. wink

#60477 - 12/29/02 03:56 PM Re: 5 best restaurants in AC
Richard Chambers Offline
The only mosquitoes i have ever seen were in the jungle! My visits were during June & July and the wind was always blowing on the islands.
The little boogers (mossies) were tough in the jungle, you best take plenty of bug spray with you if you go to Lamanai. The minute you step into the shade they got fierce!
Richard

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.