Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60557 - 12/30/02 06:01 AM New Years Plans
Jono Offline
Well, Im heading down in two days. Im really psyched and am wondering about New Years. Where is the place to be on such a night on AC.

#60558 - 12/30/02 04:59 PM Re: New Years Plans
Grace Offline
Anywhere really, but Ramon's has a great party!

#60559 - 12/30/02 05:22 PM Re: New Years Plans
Jono Offline
Thanks Grace, I see that your pretty knowledgeable about Belize. Hey should I take Malaria pills before going down?

#60560 - 12/30/02 08:32 PM Re: New Years Plans
Denny Shane Offline
If you're going on AC, then you really do not need them. The pills are recommended mainly for people doing extended stays deep inland.

#60561 - 12/31/02 12:28 AM Re: New Years Plans
Grace Offline
You know, you have to start malaria pills weeks b efore your trip, and if you're only going to be on AC or Belize City, you don't need them. Especially this time of year. It's "winter" and cool and breezy so the mosquitoes aren't bad.

#60562 - 12/31/02 02:56 AM Re: New Years Plans
JmHanna Offline
Don't forget the $1,000 Chicken Drop at the Pier Lounge. We have at least three.
It's usually over by ten so we can go Party!!!
I will be there with bells on--hmm--bells---
maybe no bells--But I WILL BE THERE
Jim

#60563 - 12/31/02 03:22 AM Re: New Years Plans
nameste Offline
Hi - What about San Igancio - do I need tablets to go Tikal, Caracol, the jungle trips in Cayo?
Thank you!

#60564 - 12/31/02 03:23 AM Re: New Years Plans
nameste Offline
Forgot to add that I'm there in late March

#60565 - 12/31/02 07:11 AM Re: New Years Plans
sweetjane Offline
no. take some skintastic with, and benedryl cream and afterbite just in case. but i was in san ignacio in june (second trip) and the bugs no big deal. i love it there. they were a bit worse on ac, but i understand baby oil works well, and off stuff is fine. no pills necessary, unless as said, you are in the jungle for 3+ months.

you will have a blast. take plenty of spf 15 or 30. it is expensive there. advil for the hangovers, and waterproof bandaids.and a brimmed hat, and...(c'mon klcman, i know it's killing you)...

LOTSA ZIPLOCS, LG & SMALL. just trust me, you'll use em!

#60566 - 12/31/02 07:20 AM Re: New Years Plans
Mexicana Offline
I second that on the Ziplocs! With the goings-on at the airports nowadays you'll want to put EVERYTHING in them before ya go...like your suntan lotion...and anything else that leaks or could. I would even put my socks and underwear in large ziploc bags just so they don't get pawed by the inspectors at the airport. HAVE FUN...Just BELIZE IT!! laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.