Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60769 01/02/03 07:21 PM
I
inrace Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hello,
My fiance and I will be spending part of our honeymoon on Ambergris Caye, we have narrowed our choices of where we want to stay. We were wondering if anyone on the forum has stayed at any of these places and if their visit was enjoyable. And would they stay at the same place again.
Here is our list
1.Belizean Shores
2.Ramon's Village
3.White Sands Cove
4.Paradise Villas
5.Casa Azul
6.Banana Beach Resort

Thanks for the help

#60770 01/02/03 07:43 PM
Lots of advice along this line - do a search (upper right) for those properties.

Wherever you end up, you'll love it

:p

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#60771 01/06/03 08:50 PM
D
D
My wife and I stayed at Ramon's about a year ago, and loved it. Very nice place, handy and comfortable bar there, good restaurant, diving center on-site, and walking distance to all of downtown. Highly recommended...

#60772 01/08/03 01:46 PM
My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in mid December and stayed at Ramon's. It was really great. The beach is definily one of the best. We stayed in one of the honeymoon suites and it was superb. (#47 is better than #1) One of the only places I saw that you could walk out your door and be on the beach, although your never more than a few steps away anywhere. The staff was really great, always helpful and nice. The peir there is cool is lit up underneath at night which makes for a good little walk, evey night we saw stingrays and reef squid swimming around, a really big shark one night too. YOu can also go snokleing right under the peir and its really good. The restaurant was pretty good, there are better on the island. We didn't use their dive shop because it is a LOT more expensive than most others. All in all we really loved it. It just a short walk on the beach to anywhere you'd want to go. Highly recommended.

#60773 01/08/03 03:36 PM
M
M
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Belizean Shores for one week last November. I would highly recommend this resort. The units are beautiful and very roomy with all the amenities you'll need. The management is great and very accomodating. They have an awesome pool and provide kayaks and bikes free. We stayed on the island for 2 weeks and spent our first week in an RCI timeshare on the south side of the island. When we arrived at Belizean Shores we were very happy at how much nicer is was compared to where we had been staying and the other resorts we had walked thru and peeked in. You cant go wrong by this place.

#60774 01/08/03 05:15 PM
check the post i just left on the "where to stay" thread.

caribe island does weddings to, in fact i think they are doing one this or next week.

ramon's is nice, but i dont know if i'd want to honeymoon there. move vacation-y & much more crowded. victoria house is supposed to very very very nice too.

of your choices, i hear b-shores is the nicest of those, but do look at caribe island. we had a really nice stay there, and would again for sure!

#60775 01/08/03 05:42 PM
V
V
We stayed at Belizean Shores last summer, and while it is very nice, it is about 4 miles outside of town. This is fine during the day when it's easy to bike or cart in, or take the water taxi. But if you want to stay in town after 8:00 at night, you'll have to wait for a water taxi (we waited 30 minutes), then pay a premium (it cost us $10 US per person) to get back. We liked Bel Shores, but won't stay that far out again...at least until they build a little bridge over the cut. Hopefully as the north end develops some of these problems will go away. But even with that, we had an incredible time!

#60776 01/09/03 06:13 AM
that was how i felt about JE. just TOO remote, and the water taxi wreaked havoc with my hair!

caribe island also has free bikes & kayaks, & is 3 miles south, so no water taxi, no cut ferry. we rented a golfcart (split the cost with a friend & shared) and just had a blast! here's some of my pics.

http://www.pbase.com/image/3510317/medium

http://www.pbase.com/image/3453282

http://www.pbase.com/image/3514735

(this last one is my daughter driving the golf cart (the best part, she thought!)

#60777 01/09/03 10:35 AM
V
V
Great pictures, your daughter is beautiful! Caribe Island looks nice ... do their rooms have kitchens?

#60778 01/09/03 04:37 PM
thanks, she is a great kid. too smart for me!

yes, i believe all rooms have kitchens. only the efficiencies dont have living rooms, and the kitchen area is smaller.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.