Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60833 - 01/04/03 09:24 AM El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
o jackie Offline
Well I just arrived home on Thursday and wanted to update everyone on the opening of El Divino-Caribbean Restaurant and Martini Lounge at Banana Beach Resort.

The opening was on December 23, 2002, at that time it was only open to hotel guests,for the first couple of days,basically a trial run for the staff.They were a little nervous the first day, but they did fine. Towards the third day they started to loosen up a bit and did an excellent job.

Service is beyond compare by Carmen,Chino,Sergio,Jamie and the others in the restaurant .Pretty much your coffee cup,your water glass or your drink,never reached the half way mark without someone filling it up.

Now on to the food, they were working with a limited menu, for these days.

Breakfast : eggs(benedict or rancheros),omelets,banana pancakes,steak,bacon,ham,sausage,country potatoes,toast,english muffins,fry jacks.

Lunch: salads,chicken sandwiches,burgers,quesadillas and brick over pizza.

Dinner:There was a different special everynight,but the El Divino special was from the Brazilian Rodesio which included ham,pork,chicken,sausage and beef sliced from a skewer(by Marlon and Jeremy) at your table served with freshly made rolls,garlic mashed potatoes and vegetable melody.There is also a brick oven for pizzas.

New Years Eve special was a beautiful presentation of lobster,steak,garlic mashed potatoes,vegetable melody,apple-walnut salad and ice cream cake.

The bar is fully stocked and they make the best Banana Coladas and Pina Coladas, I have ever tasted. The Martinis come in alot of colors and flavors. The Cosmos are also very good.Thanks to the bartenders-Pablo,Adalita and Josh.

The prices are very reasonable,air conditioning,service with more than a smile,the decor of the dining area and the lounge, there is also outdoor dining available as well as valet golf cart parking by Wapo and seating by Rosa.

Well I think that I said enough, the rest is on you to visit the newest dining area on the island.

Dustin and Louis-you have a real winner here, keep it up.

Just another addition to the already excellent Banana Beach Resort.

Congratulations Tim and the rest of the Banana Bunch!!!

All the best,

Thanks Marty!

#60834 - 01/04/03 12:23 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Marty Offline
here's some pics:

#60835 - 01/04/03 01:41 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
klcman Offline
very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#60836 - 01/04/03 02:22 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Mexicana Offline
Marty, I love the Pics, but can you tell us who we are looking at in the last photo?

Also I got a fab idea by looking at the resaurant seating area for Re-decorating my kitchen. I had already decided on yellow for the wall color but couldn't make up my mind on boarder paper or deco-trim. Since I am going Tropical with my palms and Banana trees the Blue boarder idea strikes my fancy just right!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting photos!!!
Mexicana wink smile wink

#60837 - 01/04/03 02:27 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Marty Offline
dats gonna have to come from Jackie! she'll be around soon...

more pics coming too, but later tonite

#60838 - 01/04/03 10:26 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Sandcrab Offline
The new restaurant and bar looks fantastic. I think I could be very comfortable inside or out.

Congrats Tim and staff. Another welcome addition to AC in fine style. I hope one day to find myself partaking of your good food and drink.

#60839 - 01/04/03 11:56 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
o jackie Offline
The bottom picture would be:
Yesenia(BB girl),Dustin(El Divinos main man),Dorka(BB girl),Ava(BB girl),Sandra(Miss July 2003 on the Belikin calendar and manager or Monkey Business Travel Shop),Louis(2nd main man of El Divino) and Tony Montana(manager of Lilys).

#60840 - 01/05/03 12:42 AM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
JmHanna Offline
Jaquie Divine would be proud, humbled and the boss if she could have been there to see that.
I miss you dahlin'
Tim--La Davina~????

[ 01-04-2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Jaquie Devine : Tim always had a hard time with his Spanish and Jim rarely spells my name right]

#60841 - 01/05/03 10:54 AM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Marty Offline
here's a few more!
Thanks Jackie!

#60842 - 01/05/03 04:24 PM Re: El Divino Restaurant-Banana Beach w/ pictures
Dan & Jan Offline
Looks and sounds GREAT!!! Can't wait to be there. Only 23 LONG days to wait and we are there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.