Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#60857 - 01/05/03 12:31 AM How is the boat ride to AC???
Vacation Bound Offline

My wife and I are going to Ambergis Caye in April and were wondering if the boat ride from Belize City to san Padro is cool or a nightmare? What kind of boat? How long is the ride? Any other info about AC would be cool too. Thanks so much.

#60858 - 01/05/03 10:28 AM Re: How is the boat ride to AC???
Marty Offline
see http://AmbergrisCaye.com/thunderbolt/ for info on the boat, its a nice trip, not hairy or crazy or anything. lil slower than the plane, you have to get from the int'l airport down to the water in Belize City, but quite do-able.

if you want a nice colorful clickable adobe acrobat PDF on the island, and a nice big text file full of link information, email me at marty@casado.net and i'll send it along!

Here is the acrobat document:

here is the text file full of links to major areas of this site:

#60859 - 01/05/03 10:49 AM Re: How is the boat ride to AC???
Diane Campbell Offline
The boat ride is just a boat ride - the airplane ride is MAGIC. The boats do not have a lot of space for cargo (luggage). The internatinal airport is at least 20 miles from where the boats depart, and the timing of the flights and boat departures is if-y. You won't know if there is room for you on the boat until you get there ...... all in all, if you are arriving in Belize and coming straight to San Pedro, it is not advisable to try to catch a boat. It's a hassle. Thje flight gives you a stunning overview of the islands, mainland coast, and the reef. The water is so clear that from the plane you can see eagle rays swimming in the sea. Get on a plane, sit on the right hand side and get a window seat. It's fabulous.

#60860 - 01/05/03 12:19 PM Re: How is the boat ride to AC???
deano Offline
I have flown and taken the boat many times. Just depends on your situation. The plane ride is quick and get you there. Most flights from the US arrive in the late afternoon, makes catching the boat an Iffy thing,Take the plane to San Pedro. Then on your return, catch the Thunderbolt Its a great trip out through the mangroves to Belize City, arrives at the swing bridge shortly after 8:00am plenty of time to catch a cab to the airport for a mid morning departure. That way you get to see both.

#60861 - 01/05/03 06:17 PM Re: How is the boat ride to AC???
Vacation Bound Offline
Thank you so much for all your input!!!!!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (pamkillen, debbief, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,739 Topics
461,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.