Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
i think its cool how my hair gets all poofy

Big, poofy hair let's you know you have been outside ! The direction of the hair is a wind doo. The boss isn't there. Be yourself, like you would on a comfy day at home.

Do not take or look in a mirror in Belize, go el nautural.
Personally, I like to be on vacation away from all that extra work. I only shampoo, rinse, comb & go.

Hat, Pony tail, Braids,
Any of the above will work well.
Mexicana had a good mention, just get it, somewhat, out of the way.
laugh

One of the trademark hairstyles of Ambergris Caye is "Boat Hair". Unless you want to miss out on all the fun stuff, there isn't a lot you can do about it. Always have one of those big hair clips handy. Just twist it up and clip it. Don't worry about how you look...nobody else is...LOL It's the "norm" in San Pedro. smile Vanity never rules there.

You know the show, "Extreem Makeovers?" Visitors are treated to AC version of it at no cost! You arrive all neat, pressed and stressed. You leave all shabby, relaxed and happy. You're lucky if you can even find where you threw your shoes on the first day so that you can put them on for the trip home. Isn't it great.

I've been going to San Pedro for about five years now - and I have long frizzy hair nearly to my waist - the thing is not to fight it let it go natural - I just wash it dilute my conditioner and don't rinse it off - by the time it drys it looks guite nice - you can also twist it round and let the curls stay on top of you head (I wear it like this if its very hot). It's got to be better than lank hair so enjoy.

G
G
LOL! I've found the best thing I can do for my almost waist long naturally curly (messy) hair is to drink more Beliken. Then it always looks better to me.

Many men have told me that messy hair up in a clip is very sexy!!!! I say go natural, and go with a clip. Then let that wild mane flow!!! laugh
Debbie

S
S
I would give "almost" anything to have a lot of naturally curly hair. It takes every hair product I can find to bring fullness to my straight fine hair. LOL... smile

Ah - soft big hair! That and soft moist skin are two things I love about Belize. wink
Just let yourself, and your hair, GO! I do recommend a hat however, if you are going to be out in the sun. Especially important if your hair is colored.
For one of my milestone birthdays (and I had once again ended my long term relationship) I colored my brown, fast becoming white, hair red. :p This was two weeks before I went to Sipidan. Two weeks of salt water and searing sun I came back kinda blonde. I do not look good as a blonde – kinda dirty! It took forever to grown out. Have fun.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.