Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was reading a thread where someone mentioned how messed up their hair got... Then I remembered what a terrible time I had keeping my hair somewhat out of the way. I put it in a ponytail, but the humidity made my straight hair curly&frizzy, it was always a mess!! Just wondering what the ladies of our board have done successfully to keep the hair under control??
:rolleyes: wink mad

O
O
I use beach blonde cool dip shampoo and kelp help deep conditioner,by John Frieda.It seems to work the best. I use the cond, before I go out in the sun, it seems to prevent sun damage and when I shower I use both the shampoo and the conditioner again.
www.johnfrieda.com

Jackie

That's so funny... I was thinking the same thing, but afraid to ask. I have thick, wavey hair to begin with, and when I'm in AC the only thing that has worked really well was to where a baseball hat. Since AC is so casual, it was ok most of the time. I have a number of self portraits from the ladies room mirror when I realized how much fun the humidity was having with my hair. I had left the room with it under control only a few hours prior. eek

For wavey/curly hair... I guess we are a bit better off. We can just let the curls go wild. A little extra conditioner/gel... and let the humidity fun begin. wink

Paul Mitchell's Gloss drops, or Biosilk calms the frizzies. C

Just look at what this conversation did to my hair ! wink

When we were in AC, my daughter got her hair braided by one of the talented local ladies. It cost $25.00, but was worth every penny. My daughter's hair looked great, and only required washing at night - no brushing or styling. I also noticed some adult women had their hair braided as well. My hair is too short, or I would have gotten it braided too!

S
S
You ladies with naturally curly hair get no sympathy from me. At least you don't have to deal with limp and flat.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
I love my hair on Ambergris. Full bodied.

Went two days without combing or brushing, just washed and let it tangle. Finally the kids said, Gramma you need to brush your hair out.....LOL.....it took an hour.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
You got that right Chloe, I remember having to work the tangles out and pulling half the hair out with them. I appreciate all the ideas, Wait till they open my suitcase and see all the hair stuff, I'll probably have to pay duty, 'cause they will think I am going to open a beauty shop or something! :rolleyes: :p

I think this is so funny. Men must open up this topic and cringe. See what we go through for them? Well, actually it is for ourselves... and maybe a little bit for them. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.