Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61212 01/12/03 12:37 AM
S
OP Offline
S
My buddy and I are planning on doing as much fishing as the girls will allow. We are planning to get out on a charter at least once, but since we normally do most of our fishing on Long Island(NY) by wading, we were wondering are there any good places where we could wade fish. We are staying at Banana Beach and are bringing both spinning and flyfishing equipment. Hopefully someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks

#61213 01/12/03 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Surf Rat:
My buddy and I are planning on doing as much fishing as the girls will allow. We are planning to get out on a charter at least once, but since we normally do most of our fishing on Long Island(NY) by wading, we were wondering are there any good places where we could wade fish. We are staying at Banana Beach and are bringing both spinning and flyfishing equipment. Hopefully someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks
Say man, I love that about the girls letting you boys wet your lines ! My family rolls their eyes and shake their heads, they know I'm plotting to get to some decent fishing waters. The wind side of AC is really shallow and you can wade for hundreds of feet up to your waist if you are not really short. The leeside of the caye is filled with mangroves and with a mucky bottom. Basically, the windside is open for wading, but watch out for fast pangas, or fishing skiffs. I use wading shoes, not bare feet due to sea urchins and sharp objects. waders and fly vests are too hot for this climate, i use a fanny-pack stuffed with my gear, and of course a nail clipper on a retractor and a hemastat. Look for the areas without turtle grass, and try the muellas, or the piers. A good guide and a comfortable boat is a pleasure. Click on the bottom of this page for, "fishing", the info is great ! If you need a guide get in contact with Geraldo Badillo, tel # 226-2264. He is a great fisherman, and quite a charactor ! Tight-Lines Amigo Mio, Mel S........

Mel Sinderman
#61214 01/12/03 01:49 PM
Thanks again Mel. I wish i was a better fisherman. my buddies send me upriver/shore cause i can't stay outta the water and i scare the fish away. i bow to you, thanks

the unworthy

#61215 01/12/03 04:56 PM
Yo Mel! You do have a beer in that fanny pak right? If not, we have to take away your "man card." ha ha ha.

Hey, I'll try and check out the guide you mentioned.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

#61216 01/12/03 05:45 PM
Originally posted by tyshepp:
Yo Mel! You do have a beer in that fanny pak right? If not, we have to take away your "man card." ha ha ha.

Hey, I'll try and check out the guide you mentioned.
My say what Bredda ! Those huesos locos make it anywhere. Nice to hear from you in another board. The term "fanny-pack" is not very Macho, but that's what they call them. Geraldo is a great dude. we met him about 21 years ago while serving in the peace corps. His papa had the first glass bottom boat in San Pedro, he was a real caballero. You know some of the most gorgeous girls on the planet are on San Pedro ! They can compete with those Ticas, and that's something to claim........later.

Mel Sinderman
#61217 01/22/03 01:37 PM
K
K
Hi Mel,
I fished AC w/ a guide and had wonderful results w/ bucktails (yellow and green) for the bones. I'm coming down to Ramon's again in March. Any suggestions as far as locations in close proximity to Ramon's that I can wade or pier it for some bones when not out on the boat? Thanks

#61218 01/22/03 02:19 PM
Hi Kramer Dog ! Nice to meet you. I will have to remember the combos of yellow and green spinners. We have done well with yellow spinners on almost all fish in fresh and salt. They do imitate small sprat bait fish, so they are good overall lures ! Spin fishing in The Cayes has one of my favorite, it is Mr. Twister jigs. It appears when it is really sunny, white is deadly. When it gets cloudy, chartreuse allows the fish see the lures. My daughter slammed the snappers and permit in Placencia right on the beach using micro jigs tipped with strips of needle fish fillets ! I have not fished near Ramon's for 8 years or so. We have been staying in the north side near the Rio. The piers near the Grave yard near Mrs. Badillo's home has some nice clear sea-bottom spots. We are going to San Pedro in early June, and hopefully we are targeting the area again to start going more often and possibly moving in the future. I hope you have a great trip, and if you have the time read the fishing section of this website below the page. The bonefish section is really well written. A friend told me that ESPN2 is supposed to have an episode about fishing in Belize on Feb. 14. We will have to check that out ! Best-Wishes, Mel S..........

Mel Sinderman
#61219 01/22/03 03:21 PM
K
K
Thanks Mel I'll give it a whirl.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.